Saw this coin - what can you tell me about it? www.coinmatters.com
Your coin discussion place.
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
  GamesGames   

Refi

Bookmark this site!
Saw this coin - what can you tell me about it?

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.coinmatters.com Forum Index -> Coins for Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ThePetersTrio



Joined: 02 Jul 2008
Posts: 156
Location: Portland, Oregon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:51 pm    Post subject: Saw this coin - what can you tell me about it? Reply with quote

Thought I'd start a topic to discuss coins we come across but don't know anything about.

I've seen this coin on eBay a couple of times and wondered more about it. Is it for sale somewhere (aside from eBay)?

Sir Cache - Black Knight
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Smort78



Joined: 02 Jul 2008
Posts: 21
Location: Skien, Norway

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a coin from Castle Man.
If you don't want to buy it from ebay I think you will have to trade for it...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ThePetersTrio



Joined: 02 Jul 2008
Posts: 156
Location: Portland, Oregon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smort78 wrote:
This is a coin from Castle Man.
If you don't want to buy it from ebay I think you will have to trade for it...


Ah, thanks for the info. I take it this coin was minted a while ago. I've just never seen it before.

I've been burned a couple of times buying coins on eBay only to find out they are available from the seller directly for a lot less. So I've learned to ask first...even though I think I'm on every mailing list I can find, LoL.

Anyway, it's a cool coin. I love things related to knights, Camelot, etc.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Wolf Pack



Joined: 07 Jul 2008
Posts: 205
Location: Trenton, Nova Scotia

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know anything about this one?

RoboKnight

I like to find it in Black nickel ..but I havent seen any around at all....
_________________
Trading List
Seeking List
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
The Wolf Pack



Joined: 07 Jul 2008
Posts: 205
Location: Trenton, Nova Scotia

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like any info on this coin if anyone has any

Fictional Characters Mystery Troll Doll

Is this a mystery coin? I have never seen it around before and as far as I know there hasnt been a thread started on it like the other mystery coins and it seems only a hand full of people own the coin...It's cute would like to have one if I could find one Smile I use to collect troll dolls when I was younger.....


_________________
Trading List
Seeking List
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Toojin



Joined: 05 Jul 2008
Posts: 29
Location: Meridian, Idaho

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The troll doll coin is sold only on eBay by geocoindepot
http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/geocoindepot
They don't have any for sale right now.
_________________
www.cointracking.com/public/toojin
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
meretean



Joined: 11 Jul 2008
Posts: 18
Location: Copenhagen

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThePetersTrio wrote:

I've been burned a couple of times buying coins on eBay only to find out they are available from the seller directly for a lot less. So I've learned to ask first...even though I think I'm on every mailing list I can find, LoL.

I've felt that self same burn - and I'm a little sore from kicking myself too.
But it's soo easy to get tempted when you see all the shiny stuff on ebay.

Maiilng lists? Maybe it's an idea to make a thread listing all the mailing lists?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
flipper&co



Joined: 05 Jul 2008
Posts: 1
Location: Northfield, South Australia

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We got one of the Trolls from ebay was around $20 the next 2 listed as last went for around the $50 mark. All US so to oz with postage always a little moe, but the Troll is now in my first framed set of coins Smile
cheers
Gayle & Mark[/img]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
007BigD



Joined: 03 Jul 2008
Posts: 52
Location: Currently Laytonville...Movin home though!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flipper&co wrote:
We got one of the Trolls from ebay was around $20 the next 2 listed as last went for around the $50 mark. All US so to oz with postage always a little moe, but the Troll is now in my first framed set of coins Smile
cheers
Gayle & Mark[/img]


If I am thinkin correctly these are the coins that are ONLY avail on ebay. There a few of em too and I absolutley will not buy one! Sucks because the Scream Coin and the starry night are Ebay only aswell. I think the totem pole, suicide king, and Jekyl and Hyde coins are all ebay only. I wouldnt bid on a single one EVER!

I could see getting a reasonable price for a coin, but blatently making it ebay only for the sake of driving up the prices...well I think its just wrong! Not even sure if they are coin collectors!- Just Irks me!

Someone correct me if Im wrong or spoutin off about the wrong coin.
_________________
Ha FSM...Delete this!!!!~ Watcha got now!!!! Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ElliPirelli



Joined: 03 Jul 2008
Posts: 394
Location: Kassel, Germany

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw on the geocoinshop website a coin with a squirrel.
I'm very partiall to squirrels and would love some information about it.
It had the name Nibbler Nutnabber on it.

Any sugestions?

Regards, ElliPirelli
_________________
Be yourself so others may recognize you
My tradinglist
Elli's ramblings
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
MustangJoni



Joined: 02 Jul 2008
Posts: 63

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

007BigD wrote:
flipper&co wrote:
We got one of the Trolls from ebay was around $20 the next 2 listed as last went for around the $50 mark. All US so to oz with postage always a little moe, but the Troll is now in my first framed set of coins Smile
cheers
Gayle & Mark[/img]


If I am thinkin correctly these are the coins that are ONLY avail on ebay. There a few of em too and I absolutley will not buy one! Sucks because the Scream Coin and the starry night are Ebay only aswell. I think the totem pole, suicide king, and Jekyl and Hyde coins are all ebay only. I wouldnt bid on a single one EVER!

I could see getting a reasonable price for a coin, but blatently making it ebay only for the sake of driving up the prices...well I think its just wrong! Not even sure if they are coin collectors!- Just Irks me!

Someone correct me if Im wrong or spoutin off about the wrong coin.

You are not wrong about the coins. From my understanding, the guy isn't even a cacher. He just discovered geocoins from cruising ebay, and found out how to make them, and boom! He has also changed his ebay name at least twice that I know of.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message

Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.coinmatters.com Forum Index -> Coins for Sale All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Create your own free forum now!
Terms of Service Purchase Ad Removal Forum Archive Report Abuse