Are you having to budget more these days? www.coinmatters.com
Your coin discussion place.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
  GamesGames   

Are you having to budget more these days?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.coinmatters.com Forum Index -> Questions & Answers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are you having to budget your coin purchases?
Yes, but I have always set a budget and try to maintain it
19%
 19%  [ 4 ]
Yes, I'm definitely tightening the purse-strings now
52%
 52%  [ 11 ]
I buy about the same as I ever have
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
No, I can buy whatever I want and not worry
19%
 19%  [ 4 ]
Other option - please describe in your post
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 21

ThePetersTrio

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:49 pm    Post subject: Are you having to budget more these days? Reply with quote

Here in the US it seems the status of the economy is what is on everyone's mind. I realize that elsewhere you've already had to deal with high fuel costs but for those of us in the states, it's really hitting home.

I know that personally our food costs (along with our gas costs) have practically doubled in the past few months. I work with impoverished families and many of them are facing eviction for inability to pay rent and utilizing food banks to help feed their families at shockingly higher levels.

So what does this have to do with coins you ask? Well, I'm wondering if the state of the economy where you live is having an impact on your coin-buying habits?
Whitby

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here in Germany fues costs were already high, but still increasing. Although it doesn't affect me directely (I don't have a car!) costs increase in general. But the income doesn't.
That's why I have to think twice before purchasing a coin. I still go for them if I really like them, but those that I like a bit or may like when I have them in hand I do not buy any longer. The same holds true for different finishes. It is important to keep track of where your money goes.
ATMouse

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have always bought the coins I truly wanted. But the price of gas and the associated rise in goods and services...hmmmm. It leaves less in my pockets for "fun".

I collect state coins - states I've been to or cached in. I mostly have those. I buy event coins of those I have attended. I don't go to many events that can afford to make coins.

Like most folks, I collect some other themed coins in areas I have interest in as well as selected "art" coins. Frankly, I see fewer coins I want to own in terms of the percentage of coins made. It works out the same as "I am buying less."

The purpose of life is a purposeful life.
gardengorilla

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I am spending less but not my choice. Hubby suggested an ultimatum...
Plus, we are moving soon so I don't want to miss out on any that I ordered.
geo.error

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can not buy al lot off coins but i have a few in my head where i saved money for. Very Happy

It is fun for wait for those coins. Razz
ElliPirelli

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just watch what my money goes on...

I've never spent much on clothes and stuff, being mostly outdoors, most of my clothes are durable high quality things, which have a long life span... Very Happy
I rather pay a lot for a shirt, if it last me five years, than buying a new one every few month.

Fuel has hit astronomic prices, but then I don't need a car to go to work, so most of my driving is 'unessesary' trips to the supermarket, dropping the kids at their various activeties, going caching, well that's not unessesary at all! Laughing

With regards to coins, I always bought only the ones I liked, so there's no change. There are not a lot of coins I "need" to have, a few I like and those I get.

I only recently discovered trading and that has been great fun.
Also I made the mistake of checking out the forums and I got to see a lot of coins I fancy!!!
But then, trading has been the key to get a few coins I never saw in the shops.

For my passion I'll make sure to have enough money. And that one is coins, I'm afraid.

Regards, ElliPirelli

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.coinmatters.com Forum Index -> Questions & Answers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Create your own free forum now!
Terms of Service Purchase Ad Removal Forum Archive Report Abuse