Will you still trade with me when I'm gone? www.coinmatters.com
Your coin discussion place.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
  GamesGames   

Will you still trade with me when I'm gone?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.coinmatters.com Forum Index -> Questions & Answers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gardengorilla

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:51 am    Post subject: Will you still trade with me when I'm gone? Reply with quote

Call it crazy but our family is selling everything and moving to Australia from Canada. One of the many concerns that I have is that may have an impact on my trading abilities...does anyone have a problem trading with those down under?
geo.error

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He, got to know some aussie's and they trade all.

From aussie to the netherlands take a week to arrive. Smile

I think the trades are now faster by you in australie as in canada. Very Happy

Have a lot of fun and good luck in australie. Smile

And , yhaaa, if i have a trade for you, i will trade. No Worries Mate. Razz
E&Cplus3

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're livin' my dream, mate! I spent a month in Australia back in '98 and fell in love with the country. I've been trying to get back ever since -- even started the process to emigrate before I met my wife.

I have no trouble trading with anybody, regardless of distance. You'll probably get thinner mission packets from me than you would have if you'd stayed in Canada though! Very Happy

Good luck with the move, and throw back a Toohey's Old for me when you get settled in (if you're a beer drinker, that is)!
Whitby

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't recall that we ever traded, but a good trader is a good trader, independent on his or her location.
For me it doesn't matter anyway as I have to pay international shipping charges for most of my trades.
belken

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a small coin trading community in Australia. I don't think anyone has had problems with us. Very Happy

Check out the Geocaching Australia website http://geocaching.com.au/

This where most Australian hang out and discuss caching and coins. It is also a cache lsiting site where you can hide and find caches if you so desire.

Where in Australia are you headed?
The Wolf Pack

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope not at all....Just as long as you send ME a magnet from Aussie land we will be OOOOOOOOk lmao

Good luck Bernice with your move Smile
Crowesfeat30

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:50 am    Post subject: Re: Will you still trade with me when I'm gone? Reply with quote

gardengorilla wrote:
Call it crazy but our family is selling everything and moving to Australia from Canada. One of the many concerns that I have is that may have an impact on my trading abilities...does anyone have a problem trading with those down under?

Gosh, no!!! I trade & send coins to me mates Down Under all the time. Very Happy Truth be told I am insanely jealous! Oz is the one place in this world I want to go and not just for a little week or two. I have not figured out how to do it yet but one day..... Smile

CF30
gardengorilla

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

belken wrote:
There is a small coin trading community in Australia. I don't think anyone has had problems with us. Very Happy

Check out the Geocaching Australia website http://geocaching.com.au/

This where most Australian hang out and discuss caching and coins. It is also a cache lsiting site where you can hide and find caches if you so desire.

Where in Australia are you headed?

I actually registered on the Aussie forums a couple of weeks ago but am pretty busy getting rid of things and we have our first home showings tomorrow...
We are heading to Perth. So far, I haven't really heard of any coiners from there...
We also have a pretty strong community here in Calgary, I am nervous to leave that and hope there are events in Perth where we can throw back a couple of cool ones and talk about this cache and that....
gardengorilla

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Will you still trade with me when I'm gone? Reply with quote

Crowesfeat30 wrote:
gardengorilla wrote:

Gosh, no!!! I trade & send coins to me mates Down Under all the time. Very Happy Truth be told I am insanely jealous! Oz is the one place in this world I want to go and not just for a little week or two. I have not figured out how to do it yet but one day..... Smile

CF30

Haha...it's easy. Just get a Visa, sell everything and move. We figured the same as you at first. How would we ever get to Australia for a decent amount of time? It turns out the answer is not a vacation but to live there!
belken

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We live in Perth.

There are only a couple of serious coin people trading in Australia. I collect personal signature coins. Cheesy Pigs (Liz) is in Tasmania and can't keep her hands of anything. Andrew(Map Monkey) is in Queensland and is inclined to give away his coins. Dannielle (Everlasting) used to buy up a lot of coins but just activated and released them. Mal (3blindeyes) are in Perth and were playing with coins for a while don't know if they still are. I see a few new names pop up now and then and I did try to set up a buying group at ones stage to save postage but as we are spread across the country it didn't take off. Forthferalz I think organised the 2007, 2008 Australian coins.

As far as events go we have had a couple. Relies on the same people to set it up and I think we should have a another after winter as there are a lot of new players in Perth now. When your ready introduce yourself in the GCA forums and I ams sure you will be welcomed.
gardengorilla

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much Belken! It's great to hear that you are in Perth. I have already had trades/missions with Cheesypigs and Map monkey sounds familiar too.
Tsun had told me about 3BlindEyes and I totally forgot!

It really means a lot to find out at least some info before we leave..at least there are some 'knowns' in this mostly unknown crazy thing we are doing.
Cheesy Pigs

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm I feel as if I have got myself a bit of a reputation? Shocked Laughing

Bernice, there are heaps of people around Australia who will be more than willing to help you settle in, and I have never had a trade request refused because I am half a world away. Missions will be a little curtailed though, as many in Canada/USA dont like to send missions too far because of the cost.

But as BelKen said, 3BlindEyes, himself, Aushiker, Everlasting, Team Pathfinder, forthferalz, Map Monkey, Team Wibble, Bunya, cdmark, listmaker, Team Wombat, gibbo003, If, Lucy, Mr. Emu, Tealby, Stevenwill, allrounder, Team Rubik, and me are all bits of coin nuts, but there are lots of others who are quieter but just as coin crazy!!

You wont go lonely here Wink
Administrator1
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MMmm monkey business - no offence to map monkey - or other monkeys, but the posts are not being registered properly. Will investigate. Admin.
Mischief's Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Welcome to Aussie from a Kiwi. I did the big move from New Zealand - not as far as you, but fun all the same.

Yes as 3BlindEyes has said - I love the shiny coins, all the pretty coins! Embarassed I haven't been caching or collecting for long but my logs and list of coins both in my collection and out travelling is growing fast. AND IT'S 3BLINDEYES FAULT. Shouldn't have showed me the collection I tell you! Laughing

We have quite a few new teams here in Perth (us included) so when you arrive I will happily arrange an event so we can all meet, have a bbq and a drink or 2 or 3 - and talk caching and coins. I could have done with an event when we first started which may have stopped a few little errors we made when starting to hide caches.

I have now met a few teams and emailed/chatted with a few coin collectors over here and they are all really neat people and are extremely helpful.

Travel safe - see you soon! Surprised
Mischief's Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Welcome to Aussie from a Kiwi. I did the big move from New Zealand - not as far as you, but fun all the same.

Yes as 3BlindEyes has said - I love the shiny coins, all the pretty coins! Embarassed I haven't been caching or collecting for long but my logs and list of coins both in my collection and out travelling is growing fast. AND IT'S 3BLINDEYES FAULT. Shouldn't have showed me the collection I tell you! Laughing

We have quite a few new teams here in Perth (us included) so when you arrive I will happily arrange an event so we can all meet, have a bbq and a drink or 2 or 3 - and talk caching and coins. I could have done with an event when we first started which may have stopped a few little errors we made when starting to hide caches.

I have now met a few teams and emailed/chatted with a few coin collectors over here and they are all really neat people and are extremely helpful.

Travel safe - see you soon! Surprised

See - I even blew it with my first post in this forum with the time zone - so sorry this is in twice. You know how some people like the sound of their own voice - like the sight of my own typing.
3BlindEyes

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:43 am    Post subject: Hi all Reply with quote

Hi all, I thought I better join and do some posting as Im being talked about! lol
This is my first post in this new forum. I had heard about you moving to Perth a couple of months ago gardengorilla,
and yes, I'm an avid coin collector with over 560 coins now. I have 'infected' another Perth team who live close by me
called Mischiefs Crew with the collecting bug too, lol, so they are on their way to becoming keen collectors as well.
I'm sure Liz can relate to that as she -does- have a reputation for collecting all shiny coins! Laughing sounds like me....
I know you're not here yet, but welcome to Perth gardengorilla.
Cheers, Mal
PengoFamily

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope! No problem for me trading with people down under. Laughing Laughing I trade anywhere anytime LOL! Mail from Australia to Canada does seems to take a bit longer but it is always worth the wait.

P.S. Did Cinnabear receive an envelope in the mail??
gardengorilla

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the other forums, Mal. And Liz, no worries we already knew you were crazy about anything shiny Very Happy
Well, I can honestly say that my fears have been put to rest and I can't wait to get there. We leave on the 6th of September and spend some time in Korea and Shanghai or Singapore before we get to Oz. somewhere around the 20th which will be my daughter, Cinnabear's birthday.
I can't wait to meet you all and maybe we should organize some kind of coinfest now that there are so many of us!
map monkey

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pre-welcome to Oz GG... Razz

Unfortunately some of the distances between those listed cachers are huge (~2000 miles), and the price of fuel more expensive than the US, so many of us have never met each other "yet" (not that this is a bad thing Laughing )....still makes for a closenit and friendly community of coiners/cachers who are desperate to trade (some more desperate than others Rolling Eyes Razz )

mm

[A no edit edit at an attempt to reset msg: Admin1]
gardengorilla

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PengoFamily wrote:
Nope! No problem for me trading with people down under. Laughing Laughing I trade anywhere anytime LOL! Mail from Australia to Canada does seems to take a bit longer but it is always worth the wait.

P.S. Did Cinnabear receive an envelope in the mail??

Yes! And I forgot to post, I am a horrible excuse for a human being! She was really excited to come home from holidays and find an envelope waiting. How generous of you Chantal, it sure made her day. Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.coinmatters.com Forum Index -> Questions & Answers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Create your own free forum now!
Terms of Service Purchase Ad Removal Forum Archive Report Abuse