Here Comes the Sun Geocoin - Reservations now open!! www.coinmatters.com
Your coin discussion place.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
  GamesGames   

Here Comes the Sun Geocoin - Reservations now open!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.coinmatters.com Forum Index -> Coins for Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tooey

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reservation sent Very Happy
ThePetersTrio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just posted this on the other site's thread.

I will lift the limit on LE coins for people who want to combine orders to save on shipping costs. It was never my intention to place a barrier for people to save money on shipping costs - and the thought that I was inadvertantly doing so has made me feel terrible. The limit was just my way to prevent 1 or 2 people from snatching up all the LE coins for future sales on eBay. So my apologies to anyone who was inconvenienced by that limit. Embarassed

So if you want to combine orders (or if you've already ordered and want to add another LE or 2) just let me know you are combining, give me the other person(s) caching name, and I'm happy to extend more LE mailing out to one address.

However, I only have 13 LE left...so don't wait too long! Wink
maldar

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crowesfeat30 wrote:
Friday evening, I hope. Sad I don't get off work until 4:00pm central. & Saturday I will be out of town until Sunday evening - late.

Sad I'm gonna miss these... Crying or Very sad

CF30

Hey Crowesfeat30,

I asked to reserve an additional one of each coin in your name. I don't know if they will honor my request, but if they do I asked them to release that set into your name.

maldar
ThePetersTrio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maldar wrote:
Crowesfeat30 wrote:
Friday evening, I hope. Sad I don't get off work until 4:00pm central. & Saturday I will be out of town until Sunday evening - late.

CF30

Hey Crowesfeat30,

I asked to reserve an additional one of each coin in your name. I don't know if they will honor my request, but if they do I asked them to release that set into your name.

maldar

Crowesfeat30 is good to go. But that sure was nice of you. Cool
maldar

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThePetersTrio wrote:
maldar wrote:
Crowesfeat30 wrote:

CF30

Hey Crowesfeat30,

maldar

Crowesfeat30 is good to go. But that sure was nice of you. Cool

Good to hear. Since they were interested I thought it best to make sure they got one. Only doing my part.

maldar
Crowesfeat30

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maldar wrote:
Crowesfeat30 wrote:

CF30

Hey Crowesfeat30,

maldar

OMG, that is so kind of you! Thank you so much. Fortunately I was able to place my reservation in time. But again - Thank you!

CF30
maldar

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crowesfeat30 wrote:
maldar wrote:
Crowesfeat30 wrote:

CF30

Hey Crowesfeat30,

maldar

OMG, that is so kind of you! Thank you so much. Fortunately I was able to place my reservation in time. But again - Thank you!

CF30

Not a problem. I try to do my best when it comes to helping people.

Not to toot my own horn, but this one that follows was something that I enjoyed and am very proud of myself for doing. I'm not always in a position to do such and now I really want to do it again and again. Thanks to everyone that helped in what follows. You will have to read on to see who they are.:

From the Michigan Geocachers Organization South West Chapter Website: wrote:

Operation: Cacher Surprise!
Many of you know of the troubles we've seen lately, the last misfortune being KAboom getting sick and needing a hospital visit on Christmas eve (he's fine now, Strp was the problem). Well, little did the TR&T w/KAboom family know what was in store for them!!

As some had seen, a new cacher was getting a GPS unit for Christmas and posted wanting someone to "lend a hand" in learning caching and GPS usage...on Christmas? Well, some of you responded (GOTTA LOVE THAT...very nice to take time out from your holiday to help a newb)...as did I. Not having anything going for Christmas (we were supposed to celebrate ours on the eve, but KAboom put the kibash to that), I was more than happy to lend a hand and wouldn't be missing anything....but just didn't know since KAboom WAS sick!! Well, one by one, those cachers dropped out (save BeenHere, he was duped like I), so I, having found that KAboom would be fine, volunteered!

Christmas day...nothing heard, I nearly forgot about the newb (Jackson_Cacher be the culprit) and was settling in for some other activities (boring boring boring...oh, maybe a bit of Guitar Hero too), when the phone rings. Nurse Nanna was checking on us and wishig us a MERRY CHRISTMAS. THEN, the phone rang again, this one being the newb!! OK, guess I'll go caching instead!

Meet up with the newb at Hayes State Park and decide to head out for Soft Hardwood (one of our hides at Hayes). All the way, I'm giving newb advice and showing the newb little tricks and such. The newb is much prepared (odd for a newb), but seems a bit bumbly...that's the newb action I expected!! We get to GZ and the newb is circling all while attentively staring at the GPS..."hey, when you get within X distance from a hide, you need to look for an obvious hiding spot" I told JC. The cache was exposed and easy to spot, but it took a sec for the newb to find!!

Newb now bumbles in his full backpack (wow, sure is well equipped, makes me look like the newb here since I had nothing more than my brother's GPS unit...which was minus some hunting waypoints...he'll love me for that one) and starts writing his log while I tell him about needing writing utensils on occasion when caching. I walk about checking out the tracks and telling the newb about the wildlife in the park, then the newb hands me the log and asks if his writings is appropriate...what I read stuns me and nearly brings tears to my eyes, I'm speechless! I can't recall exactly what was written, but it was something like "Rod is about to find out who I really am" and is signed by MALDAR!!

Now, for those who don't know, Maldar has been very generously selling coins and such to raise money to help us through our tough times, so when I saw this, I knew I had been duped...and was just amazed!! Maldar then pulls a gift bag from his full backpack and hands it to me! Inside is the very GPS unit Maldar had used to find the cache...a Garmin Legend (blue...gotta love that!!!), some goodies and a little package with coins inside!! OMG....

After much hugging and handshaking...and my searching for words, we decide to head back to the vehicles and finish the covert ops!! Back at the car, Maldar pulls out two more gifts...one for KAboom and another for my non-caching oldest son!! WOW...above and beyond!! Maldar had seen and heard of our financial troubles and even brought the youngsters some GREAT gifts....what a WONDERFUL person this man is!! Pictures were taken and gifts were packed into my Jeep, then off we went to talk and find a few more caches...gotta learn the use of this new unit!!

3 more caches found, some great teachings from the "newb" on how to use my new unit and MUCH talking and hugging later, we head back to the vehicles, take a few more pics and part ways with the promise we'll get back out to cache soon!! The Christmas I was worried wouldn't happen for the kids this year happened alright...and turns out to be THE most memorable and awesome Christmas ever!

But wait...that's not the end of the story...Maldar had help. From my investigations following this, I learned that Nurse Nanna and LadyBee4T were also involved as were other MiGO members...the conspiracy reaches the very TOP of our organization!! There was also much help provided by a very special operative in Mousekakat...a friend I met on the GC foums (she's from Sweden), and a generous donation of coins from KayakerinMe (Silver set #S119 KayakerinMe 5 coin "puzzle" series which, when put together make a great "mural").

MANY THANKS go out to EVERYONE involved in this operation, you all played your parts perfectly...but Maldar....WOW, you should be an actor my friend!! More on this can be read in the S.E. forums which also has a link to the topic in the GC forums as well!!

This was the very BEST Christmas ever!!! All because some very special people care!! THIS is what our E caching family is all about!! Well done!

Rockin Roddy and KAboom

I still get choked up inside, I think it is because I really want to do this for someone else. There is no better feeling that helping someone and it can be as small as reserving coins, or as large as saving x-mas. One of the projects I'm working on is to do just that, help persons in need.

I want to thank again all those that help make Rod's X-mas a memorable one.

maldar
The Wolf Pack

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow what a great story maldar.. Awesome job!!
Frozen Buns

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on your new coin, I TOTALLY understand the anxious moments. I will hopefully get to trade with you though my stock is almost gone on my personal coin. Hmmm maybe time to think of a new design. LOL I might not be able to hold out though as I really like to support folks who are willing to lay out the cash for their own coin. Smile
ThePetersTrio

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks FB. I love your coin too!

I was playing around with my new photo tent tonight and thought I'd post a new picture. I still need to work with the lighting a bit though:

This is the sample satin gold coin.
meretean

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my friends wants a cloud dome to make good pics of her small stuff.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.coinmatters.com Forum Index -> Coins for Sale All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Create your own free forum now!
Terms of Service Purchase Ad Removal Forum Archive Report Abuse