Preparing for a Mega Event www.coinmatters.com
Your coin discussion place.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
  GamesGames   

Preparing for a Mega Event

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.coinmatters.com Forum Index -> Questions & Answers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ble68

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:33 pm    Post subject: Preparing for a Mega Event Reply with quote

In October I am going to Geocoinfest. This will be my first mega and I am extremely excited! Very Happy I was wondering how to make this even more memorable. What should I do to prepare? I am hoping to have a pathtag to trade, a new design, ect. Is there anything else you suggest?
fox-and-the-hound

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get LOTS of sleep in the days before and don't forget to bring your pillow and a waterbottle. The two things that struck me at my first event is that you're basically running around talking non-stop for hours at a shot and your brain is on total overload with new names, faces, COINS, etc. Take a break now and again just to absorb the whole thing. It's funny but every once in awhile I just had to sit down for a few minutes of quiet and quickly realized there were a lot of other people doing the same. Inevitably you'll probably start talking to them as well and make more friends just like I did. Having your own pillow helps a lot of people sleep better at night if they're traveling, too. Of all the things I think I should have brought and didn't was a simple business card with an email on it just to hand to people I met. It's so much easier than trying to constantly write down names/profiles/numbers etc.
Crowesfeat30

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fox-and-the-hound wrote:
Get LOTS of sleep in the days before and don't forget to bring your pillow and a waterbottle. The two things that struck me at my first event is that you're basically running around talking non-stop for hours at a shot and your brain is on total overload with new names, faces, COINS, etc. Take a break now and again just to absorb the whole thing. It's funny but every once in awhile I just had to sit down for a few minutes of quiet and quickly realized there were a lot of other people doing the same. Inevitably you'll probably start talking to them as well and make more friends just like I did. Having your own pillow helps a lot of people sleep better at night if they're traveling, too. Of all the things I think I should have brought and didn't was a simple business card with an email on it just to hand to people I met. It's so much easier than trying to constantly write down names/profiles/numbers etc.

I always take my own pillows when traveling. The ones in the hotels are inevitable too thick & I get a crick in my neck if I try to use them.

A business card is a great idea! I think I will make one for MWGB. VistaPrint will send you 100 or more for free but you have to put up with daily offers once you create an account. But some of their freebies are great deals.

CF30

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.coinmatters.com Forum Index -> Questions & Answers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Create your own free forum now!
Terms of Service Purchase Ad Removal Forum Archive Report Abuse