I will be out of commission for a few days www.coinmatters.com
Your coin discussion place.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
  GamesGames   

I will be out of commission for a few days

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.coinmatters.com Forum Index -> Tall Latte 2 Shots To Go
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Wolf Pack

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:42 pm    Post subject: I will be out of commission for a few days Reply with quote

On Thursday I will be getting day surgery and will be off line for a few days..I am very nervous about being put to sleep Crying or Very sad Hope I do not miss to much action going on lol

I will let you all know how it went when I am back on my feet

hugsss
Trena
DaFunkyFrogs

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good luck & god bless...........
ChanceRider

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trena, hope everything goes well for you with your surgery... will keep good thoughts for you on Thursday!
Crowesfeat30

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best of luck, Trena. I know what you mean about being knocked out... Confused You'll do just fine! Very Happy My thoughts will be with you. Hugs.

CF30
Mousekakat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, too, am terrified of being knocked out, so I'm with ya!

I'll tell ya the same thing that I get told every time...

It's going to be ok, just take it easy, concentrate on healing, and take care of yourself!

Naomi Smile
ATMouse

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sending good thoughts and a prayer or two your way for Thursday.

The purpose of life is a purposeful life.
Tooey

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very best wishes, hope all goes well and look forward to seeing you back here soon.
tsunrisebey

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

tsun Smile
ThePetersTrio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope everything went well and you are back posting soon.
Geo-Gophers

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope to see you back on the forums soon......thinking of you and hope the surgery goes well. They would have to hit me over the head with a hammer first to get me into the operating theatre lol, so you aren't alone.

Ali
Smile
The Klever Boys

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's hoping it all went OK, Trena
Frozen Buns

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been there had to do that, think about a peaceful meadow and you will wake up and not remember a thing for a day or two Smile Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
The Wolf Pack

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for your prayers and best wishes Smile See you soon
geo.error

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Thinking at you and wish you all the luck there is. Very Happy
The Wolf Pack

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG I CAN"T BELIEVE IT Shocked Shocked

Today was the day I was getting my tubes tied ( day surgery) only to find out that they can not do my surgery because I am one month preganet Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Don't get me wrong I love children but 4 girls was plenty for me to handle with my youngest a year old next month and me just starting back to work...I was so defistated when they told me this I broke down in tears...Thanks to all for your kind word and get well wishes...What a day....
geo.error

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wolf Pack wrote:

Today was the day I was getting my tubes tied ( day surgery) only to find out that they can not do my surgery because I am one month preganet Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Don't get me wrong I love children but 4 girls was plenty for me to handle with my youngest a year old next month and me just starting back to work...I was so defistated when they told me this I broke down in tears...Thanks to all for your kind word and get well wishes...What a day....

i don't know what to say congrats or not .

i wish you strenght.
Mousekakat

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wolf Pack wrote:

Treena, we're never given more than what we can handle!!

Hang in there, honey, and enjoy the miracle that is going on inside you! I know that you'll love this one as much as the others, it's just a little bit of a shock that you need to get over!

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers!

Naomi

PS... if you need help, I can tell you how this baby thing happens and how to avoid it since it seems you haven't quite figured it out yet Wink
The Wolf Pack

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mousekakat wrote:
The Wolf Pack wrote:

Hang in there, honey, and enjoy the miracle that is going on inside you! I know that you'll love this one as much as the others, it's just a little bit of a shock that you need to get over!

Naomi

PS... if you need help, I can tell you how this baby thing happens and how to avoid it since it seems you haven't quite figured it out yet Wink

Thank you Naomi

It was just a major shock to the system...I just thought my baby days were over... I'm 37 and that means lots of other kinds of testing to be done on the baby that I don't want to happen hoping I can put my foot down and say no to them....Or do like last time and wait till I'm past 19 weeks lol And I just finishing giving everything away too OH dear back to the drawning board.....
Mousekakat

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Treena, I had Caitlyn the day after I turned 40. It's a bit more tiring this time than it was at 32, but she has been a total blessing and I wouldn't do it any different!

When you're a bit older you see having babies and being a mamma a bit different... and I think you definitely enjoy it more...something about knowing inside that it's the last one and such.

Unless you are truly ready and willing to terminate a pregnancy because there MIGHT be something wrong with the baby, don't do the tests.

I didn't with Caitlyn. I knew I was an older mother and that the odds of Downs and other things was higher, but I couldn't and wouldn't have been able to abort (personal choice, no judgements here on anyone else, just to be said!) so we declined any and all tests and just put it in God's hands.

This last pregnancy that ended in miscarriage was the same way. No tests, just faith. It ended in a miscarriage at 11 weeks and we were heartbroken, but we also knew that in spite of how hard it was, there was a reason for it all, and just because the little one never came into the world doesn't make it loved any less Smile.

There is a board member here who has a child who has Down's Syndrome. He is the sweetest little guy, a little roly poly boy who's happy and such a good baby... and he is a true blessing.

Just as this baby will be for you guys, no matter what happens! And you'll love him or her and all will be good in the world!

Remember, everything happens for a reason. Whether or not you believe in God, Fate, Karma or whatnot, it all happens for a reason!

Enjoy your pregnancy, and know this one thing... this 42 year old woman on the other side of the pond is immensely jealous... and that you are NOT old... yet Wink

Naomi :wub:

(boy, we need that heart emoticon here!!)
ThePetersTrio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Treena~

I worked as a nurse for an OB/Gyn for about a year before I moved into my new job working with pregnant women and children with special needs in the home.

I know the news must have come as a shock but sometimes things happen for a reason and you will know well enough that reason when you look into your precious baby's eyes. Cool

Mousekakat wrote:
Unless you are truly ready and willing to terminate a pregnancy because there MIGHT be something wrong with the baby, don't do the tests.

I realize that these "tests" might be different in countries other than the US, but I can only assume the test referred to is an amniocentesis. And yes, there is a risk with that but this type of test is very commonplace and most practitioners are well skilled at doing them. There is a good reason to have it done, even if - god forbid - something was wrong and you wouldn't terminate and that is it will allow your family a chance to come to terms with the news and prepare for the baby who will have many different needs than a "normal" newborn has.

All of that being said, perhaps your OB would consider doing the serum Alpha-fetoprotein test and see what those results are before recommending the amnio. Much less risks with the AFP although the down side is that there can be false negatives and positives for various reasons, such as miscalculation of the gestational dating or mom carrying multiples.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. I'm happy to share with you any experience I have that you may find helpful.

But WHATEVER you do, try not to stress out too much! Wink
Theotokos

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this can be a difficult thing but trust me..it will be wonderful. We just had our 8th!!! Shocked last week and my wife is 47...it was a real shocker to us when we found out but now that the little guy is here...we wouldn't have it any other way and are thrilled to death...which is what 5 boys will drive me to very shortly Smile

We will keep you in our prayers....

P.S. Maybe it's a NS thing as my wife is from Antigonish

The Wolf Pack wrote:
Mousekakat wrote:
The Wolf Pack wrote:
OMG I CAN"T BELIEVE IT

Naomi

Thank you Naomi

It was just a major shock to the system...I just thought my baby days were over... I'm 37 and that means lots of other kinds of testing to be done on the baby that I don't want to happen hoping I can put my foot down and say no to them....Or do like last time and wait till I'm past 19 weeks lol And I just finishing giving everything away too OH dear back to the drawning board.....

Mousekakat

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theo, we're STILL wondering how the heck you guys found time to MAKE number 8 with 7 already, lol!

Naomi Laughing who can't seem to find time to make number 3 version 2 at this time!
grodan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wolf Pack wrote:

Ohh, I can understand the world turned! But now we can follow in our "waiting" when is the date for you then? Give it a few days and Iīm pretty sure you will start to look forward to the day it will arrive. I wish you the best.

About the tests,if you have any hesitation then donīt do them. I believe you feel in your heart what to do.
We did not do them last time and will not do them this time either. Iīm glad I did not know about Simon before he came out, I donīt think I would have felt good knowing, but I loved him when he came. So sometimes it is better to adjust after birth. He is just a cutie and we all love him.

All the best from grodan Karin.
due january 15 Wink
The Wolf Pack

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all so much for your input and kind word yes I will love my baby no matter what happens....I will not be going through with the test and be blessed with what ever life deals me...There is nothing the Doctors can do for my baby if she/he has downs and abortion is NOT a word in this house. I have been very blessed with very happy and health children altho they fight, scream and I wanna pull my hair out most days and the 15 year old well thats another tail for another time lol She is a handfull and very stressful at this stage....

Edit it to add I will be due around March 7th
geo.error

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats the-wolf-pack , we wish you a good and nice pregnantsie and we wish your new baby all the joy off the world.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.coinmatters.com Forum Index -> Tall Latte 2 Shots To Go All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Create your own free forum now!
Terms of Service Purchase Ad Removal Forum Archive Report Abuse