Stuck at Groundspeak H.Q. www.coinmatters.com
Your coin discussion place.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
  GamesGames   

Stuck at Groundspeak H.Q.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.coinmatters.com Forum Index -> Questions & Answers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThePetersTrio

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:59 am    Post subject: Stuck at Groundspeak H.Q. Reply with quote

I found out yesterday that my Coexist coin was dropped at Groundspeak Headquarters. It appears that there are dozens - if not hundreds - of trackables there.

How the heck do I get my coin out of there so it can travel? Shocked
fox-and-the-hound

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Stuck at Groundspeak H.Q. Reply with quote

ThePetersTrio wrote:
I found out yesterday that my Coexist coin was dropped at Groundspeak Headquarters. It appears that there are dozens - if not hundreds - of trackables there.

How the heck do I get my coin out of there so it can travel? Shocked

Search for nearby caches and see who set them. Then ask whoever is nearby to go on a "TB Rescue Mission" to retrieve it. I would say ask someone at Groundspeak to do it for you, but who knows how long that might take. Rolling Eyes
southpawaz

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I was lucky. I had one that visited HQ in May, and it was there for only 2 days before being picked up and taken to Geowoodstock.

At least it's a coin, I bet it will get out faster than if it were a TB.

Signal Coin with the HQ Log Book
Whistler & Co.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are 71 trackables at Groundspeak HQ, and one is a Moun10Girl coin (not actually owned by Moun10Girl, though).

I would suggest emailing Miss jenn and asking her to move your coin along. She seems nice!

A TB we had recently was just placed there by CaptainMath. The story of Whistler's bear encounter at GS III is in that book.
http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=223438
ThePetersTrio

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I just got notified that the coin was picked up by a cacher and will be moved along. So that's good news.

Not ever having been there, I wasn't really sure how the trackables were swapped, but looking at the cache page it seemed as though there were hundreds of them just sitting around. Maybe people just drop their dead trackables there for storage and there really isn't a gigantic bucket full of TBs and geocoins like I had pictured in my head. Embarassed

Guess I'll have to get up there one of these days and check it out for myself. Cool
Eric K

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been fortunate enough to visit that cache. I think what happens is if you take more than you are leaving even though you know it's not a problem you would just feel guilty doing it. Laughing

I also met Miss Jenn and she was super nice. You could also probably post a note on the cache page asking the next person if they could please move your coin.

BTW, we made those COEXIST coins and they are one of my favorites. Thanks for putting it out to travel.
coreynjoey

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric K wrote:

I also met Miss Jenn and she was super nice. You could also probably post a note on the cache page asking the next person if they could please move your coin.

BTW, we made those COEXIST coins and they are one of my favorites. Thanks for putting it out to travel.

Posting a note on the cache page is a good idea. There are a few locals who visit it frequently just to clear out the trackables, so they usually don't sit there too long. They usually have visiting cachers on fridays, so a trackable could sit there for a week or 2 before it gets picked up again.

And Miss Jenn is super nice, as are the other lackey's we've met Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.coinmatters.com Forum Index -> Questions & Answers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Create your own free forum now!
Terms of Service Purchase Ad Removal Forum Archive Report Abuse