Started out with a BANG and then.... www.coinmatters.com
Your coin discussion place.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
  GamesGames   

Started out with a BANG and then....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mousekakat

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:38 am    Post subject: Started out with a BANG and then.... Reply with quote

it seems to be fizzling...

So, is it just too much with two forums, or is there just not so much that is on anyone's minds or?

Would sure hate to see this superb effort fade into the wasteland of forgotten forums!

Naomi
maldar

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking the same thing last night; just didn't want to be the one to mention the issue. Really would be bad to see this die. The discussions here have been fruitful and productive in many ways. It is a nice Louge to come to and get away from the Stress of some at the GC.c forums.

maldar
ElliPirelli

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to post only in the mission I'm involved and the Mystery Coin threads. But I have a feeling that most who came here so enthusiastic are back in their old ways.

Pity, I like this organised forum much better. But then, thats me.
I didn't have an issue with GS, exept the untidy way the forum is kept, so maybe it was just a summer flue.

ElliPirelli
geocachingdragon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont think its dead yet, there are things here that cant be discuss at the other forum. like pathtags and signiture items I dont think thisn forum was made to overtake the other forum just be a compliment or a alternitive for some subjects . I have injoyed a lot of the design and question and answer topics I think if it stays a nice small open and friendly thing it will have its place... but time will tell
E&Cplus3

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've noticed a drop in new posts on the GC site as well. I think its a summer thing Smile

I'll continue to lurk on both sites, occasionally commenting on any thread that catches my fancy. I certainly hope that this site stays active though, as it is the only place for non-trackable coins to be advertised.
ATMouse

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that it's more a summer thing than the place fizzing out.

I check here everyday, but I have home projects that need attention before the snow flies. Rolling Eyes

The purpose of life is a purposeful life.
maldar

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ATMouse wrote:
I agree that it's more a summer thing than the place fizzing out.

I check here everyday, but I have home projects that need attention before the snow flies. Rolling Eyes

Ah, Yes! The days are indeed getting shorter. I have noticed this on the bike ride to and from work. Chilly mornings already and more shadows on the way home.
Castle Man

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should all just keep spreading the word about this forum. The GC forum is slowly becoming a slow waste of time anyway. It really seems folks are fed up with certain things that happen there. I rarely ever stay more than just a few minutes and just to check my own old posts. I would much rather post here. I'll do my part when i send out newsletters I'll always plug this forum. In time this will grow. As long as we keep sowing the seeds.
bikermel76

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...PG doesn't have time right now to dedicate to the forum...so a few of us nosey types have offered a hand. Please feel free to shout at me if I make any of you cross (1 - I'm a newbie, 2 - I'm a Brit Very Happy) but hopefully we'll be helpful!

My first job, to make the forum feel more like 'home'. I've come up with a (VERY) basic logo, PG has future plans for this, but in my opinion ANYTHING is better than that horrid default phpBB logo...otherwise you can't tell what forum you're on!

I've also changed the forum name (don't worry, the url hasn't changed!) to remind everyone that we now have a funky new bespoke domain name!!! No more trying to remember that easyphpbb.com bit! (Thanks fam.bergum!)

How do people feel about Ranks? Do you wanna see them here on the forum (most forums have them)? Any preference for the number of posts per rank, or the names of the ranks? Any other ideas to make it feel more 'homely'?

Cheers

Mel
(bikermel76)
Frozen Buns

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was feeling the same way Confused Glad to know it is mainly a summer and back to school thing, I would really miss this site, it just seems we have to get those who post :Over there" to bring it here..... Smile
knabino

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't post much but I pop in to read every day or two. I would hate to see things here die away. I RARELY read over at 'the place that must not be named' (at least in the coin threads)
ChanceRider

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

knabino wrote:
I don't post much but I pop in to read every day or two. I would hate to see things here die away. I RARELY read over at 'the place that must not be named' (at least in the coin threads)

Same here... I'm more of the quiet and shy "lurker" type. ::: Waiving::: hello!
ATMouse

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's gotten kinda boring in the GC forums lately.

<yawn>

The purpose of life is a purposeful life.
RedShoesGirl

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bikermel76 wrote:
Well...PG doesn't have time right now to dedicate to the forum...so a few of us nosey types have offered a hand. Please feel free to shout at me if I make any of you cross (1 - I'm a newbie, 2 - I'm a Brit Very Happy) but hopefully we'll be helpful!

My first job, to make the forum feel more like 'home'. I've come up with a (VERY) basic logo, PG has future plans for this, but in my opinion ANYTHING is better than that horrid default phpBB logo...otherwise you can't tell what forum you're on!

I've also changed the forum name (don't worry, the url hasn't changed!) to remind everyone that we now have a funky new bespoke domain name!!! No more trying to remember that easyphpbb.com bit! (Thanks fam.bergum!)

How do people feel about Ranks? Do you wanna see them here on the forum (most forums have them)? Any preference for the number of posts per rank, or the names of the ranks? Any other ideas to make it feel more 'homely'?

Cheers

Mel
(bikermel76)

i think ranks are kinda fun, especially goofy names. i like forums where there is a sense of humour. nothing worse than cracking a joke and no one says anything. i have had a couple fall flat over there!

rsg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.coinmatters.com Forum Index -> Welcome All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Create your own free forum now!
Terms of Service Purchase Ad Removal Forum Archive Report Abuse