Monthly coin clubs www.coinmatters.com
Your coin discussion place.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
  GamesGames   

Monthly coin clubs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.coinmatters.com Forum Index -> Questions & Answers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThePetersTrio

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:36 pm    Post subject: Monthly coin clubs Reply with quote

I just joined a monthly coin club for the first time. I'm wondering if you are in such a club (coins or pathtags) and how you like it?

Is there anything I should know about them? I don't like hidden surprises and I sort of expected a welcome letter email from the club I joined that would perhaps give me access to buying past months offerings or at least some basic information (aside from the FAQ info I read before I signed up).

Share your club experiences here! Then I can see what I've gotten myself into...LoL. Laughing
Castle Man

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in the pathtag club and UOTrackers club now but as far as coin clubs it is my experience in these later years of geocoins that these club coins hold smaller values and are less desired than other individual coins so I dropped out of all of them. Just my opinion
ElliPirelli

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in the Geoswag Coin and Pin Club.

The price is very reasonable, and mostly I like the designs. It's always a surprise as they never give a preview of an upcoming coin. And the pin is a smaller version of the coin. If I don't like the pin for myself or my children then I leave it as swag in a cache.

Most of the coins are nice, perhaps half of them have an own icon. And the ones I don't like in the collection I sent on a journey and let them travel.

I enjoy the surprise every month!
Tooey

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have liked to join a monthly coin club, but I have been put off by the postal charges. It's one thing to profit on a coin, businesses are in business to make money and if they don't make a profit they go out of business, that to me is acceptable, but I just don't see how they can justify profiteering on postage and packing, you get a good deal on bulk items from places like Staples - who don't even charge to deliver those cut price mailers. Give us overseas guys a break on international charges. I'm sure there would be more uptake if the postage looked reasonable. Folk that sell on ebay too - they want to charge $10 to send a coin, I guess they just don't want the hassle of going to the post office. OK I'm done complaining. I've seen some great coin club coins.
Geo-Gophers

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooey wrote:
I would have liked to join a monthly coin club, but I have been put off by the postal charges. It's one thing to profit on a coin, businesses are in business to make money and if they don't make a profit they go out of business, that to me is acceptable, but I just don't see how they can justify profiteering on postage and packing, you get a good deal on bulk items from places like Staples - who don't even charge to deliver those cut price mailers. Give us overseas guys a break on international charges. I'm sure there would be more uptake if the postage looked reasonable. Folk that sell on ebay too - they want to charge $10 to send a coin, I guess they just don't want the hassle of going to the post office. OK I'm done complaining. I've seen some great coin club coins.

Ditto to all of the above Sad. Especially the part about Ebay sellers charging $10 to send a coin to the UK. No matter how much I like/want a coin, I just won't entertain a seller who charges ridiculous rates for overseas bidders.
Band of Bradys

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very happy being a member of Geocoin Club and Geoswag Coin Club.

Geocoin Club - You can see what the upcoming month's coin will look like, but I like to be surprised, so I don't look on the website. I love getting the pathtag with the coin. You also get a note in your mailer with news/notes and the member only store code to buy coins only available to members (code changes every month)

Geoswag - Like this one also, and getting the matching pin with the coin. Members have access to a pre-sale page to get first dibs on non-member coins. They usually have older club coins for sale on the regular site.

And they are both great about once in a while throwing in an extra goodie, especially around the holidays Very Happy

Also a member of Tank Hounds Pathtag club. She has it set up nicely, so you buy the quantity you want. If you don't like the month tag, you don't have to buy it. If you do like it you can buy however many you want and I think her prices are quite reasonable.
ThePetersTrio

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElliPirelli wrote:

Ok - so I joined this club around July 20th. My Paypal account was charged for 2 monthly coins.

I have never received any kind of email welcoming me to the "club" or anything! It's now August 20th and I've not received any coins.

I emailed Oakcoins because that was the only contact information I could find when I linked to the club page. So far no response.

Does anyone have any contact information for this club and can anyone tell me if my experience is unusual?
ElliPirelli

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThePetersTrio wrote:
ElliPirelli wrote:

Ok - so I joined this club around July 20th. My Paypal account was charged for 2 monthly coins.

I have never received any kind of email welcoming me to the "club" or anything! It's now August 20th and I've not received any coins.

I emailed Oakcoins because that was the only contact information I could find when I linked to the club page. So far no response.

Does anyone have any contact information for this club and can anyone tell me if my experience is unusual?

They nearly never sent emails, exept the newsletter with a link to the presale page....

Check the conditions, it might have been to late for the August Coin. But in the US you'll have your coins earlier than me in Europe... Crying or Very sad

I just hope to get the August Coin, there was a hickup with my credit card, the bank computer blocked it, as I dared to use it in two different countries within a few hours... Danmark isn't that big, it took me not very long to go from one toll bridge to another...
But I learned my lesson, next time I won't use the credit card to pay the bridge toll! Evil or Very Mad

So my payment was quite late, I have to wait and see wether I'll get the coins...
ThePetersTrio

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I never got a newsletter either.

I did find a contact to send my inquiry to but I haven't heard back yet.

According to their site FAQ page, my join date (July 21) would be plenty of time to receive the August shipment.

I guess I'll just have to wait and hope they reply to my email.
Band of Bradys

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry! My August Geoswag/Pin club coin and pin came in the mail today. I have found that the coins from both clubs usually come near the end of the month they are for. I'm sure the Geocoin Club/Pathtag package will arrive before the end of Aug. And the September coins will come toward the end of Sept., etc.
ThePetersTrio

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Band of Bradys wrote:
Don't worry! My August Geoswag/Pin club coin and pin came in the mail today. I have found that the coins from both clubs usually come near the end of the month they are for. I'm sure the Geocoin Club/Pathtag package will arrive before the end of Aug. And the September coins will come toward the end of Sept., etc.

Good to hear. I'll keep an eye out for the postman. Thanks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.coinmatters.com Forum Index -> Questions & Answers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Create your own free forum now!
Terms of Service Purchase Ad Removal Forum Archive Report Abuse