Coinmatters audience...what are you hoping for? www.coinmatters.com
Your coin discussion place.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
  GamesGames   

Coinmatters audience...what are you hoping for?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
007BigD

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:15 am    Post subject: Coinmatters audience...what are you hoping for? Reply with quote

Question What are you hoping to achieve with our new forum??? What are you hoping gets avoided here? Idea

What would make you stick around or push you away???

What are you looking for here that may not be able to suit you in our other forum?
007BigD

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its kinda nice and chatroomish now, but were only 3 days into it too! Ya dont have to worry bout hundreds of people judging you or even about goin a wee bit OT.

Theres always more info with the masses and no matter where it goes, it'll wont be as big as our other forum maybe we'll call it the "Gplace" hehe Wink

And just think...No more "whats the deal with geocoins" Laughing

Im here for the new smilies Wink
geo.error

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope that i never have here [ new forum] most stand in the corner for 3 days as mission reading the guidelines. Embarassed
Theotokos

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, one thing I'm hoping for is that we will see and hear about more non-trackable coins now. There are so many of these wonderful coins out there and I hope people will bring any new ones here to sell or at least to show them off.

I'm also hoping that with an avenue for non-trackable coins, that these will become more popular. I personally could care less about tracking and icons and am more interested in the design of the coin. I may even start work on one right now Smile
007BigD

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you see the Non Tracks that Damenace sold on ebay a bit ago???

Some went for like 2.00-3.00!!! They were really rare coins too!!!! he had a whole slew of them on there and very few caught a worthy price...I wish I bid!!! Im sure he was hoping for better!

I agree, Non tracks will be nice to see around a little more of.

I also doubt if the thread will be closed while in the midst of a descriptive post...has happened to me 2 times!!! Mad
ATMouse

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to avoid having a thread I started shut down, disappear and erased without so much as a by-your-leave or kiss-my-hand. And avoid the moderator lying about it. "I spoke to the OP." No, you did not.

I don't mind if I make a mistake and the thread needs to be locked down until the matter is clarified. Even if a thread needs to be "disappeared" until the OP either fixes it or abandons it. But "whoops, you screw up, it's GONE!" just makes me angry and resentful.

edited for an incorrect letter...duh...

The purpose of life is a purposeful life.

Last edited by ATMouse on Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mousekakat

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to not have my threads under the microscope as they are on the GC site.

Apparently I pissed off FSM and not only does he watch me like a hawk and delete things that are a bit extreme, like removing "pins and patches" from my event thread where I was asking for donations, but he also got one of his cronies to threaten me with banning for having the signature line that asked coiners to light a candle for a sick coiner, even though 2 others still have that in their sig lines!

I'm all for moderation to maintain civility, but microscopic moderation is a different subject entirely!
ThePetersTrio

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be nice to have a bit more freedom here. Like we can talk about Pathtags and not get our thread deleted.

I also notice there is a polling feature here. So we can set up a poll (say we are designing a coin and want to know if people prefer this or that) and get some feedback without having to ask Groundspeak for permission first.

I think it will be great to see how this board evolves over time.

The only thing that would push me away would be if this became a place to complain/vent about specific people. I realize the issue with Cinema Boxers is getting sort of heated over at Groundspeak and while I think the discussion is a good one and one that is/was needed, I hope the issue remains about the topic and doesn't evolve into personal attacks about her.

IMO it's not ever good to gossip or attack others who aren't here to defend or speak for themselves. So I hope this board doesn't ever turn into that. So far, it seems pretty great here though. Smile
007BigD

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW a quite enlightening topic! I really never knew the mods were so dang touchy as stated. Just never knew!!! Id say its a little overboard by the sounds of things and we can be nice and comfy talkin about just about anything here.

Great point on not making this a gossip station as that would just give us a bad name. Its the freedom of speech forum Surprised I like it even more now that I know how much it will be appreciated! Great job Admin!!!
007BigD

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we also need a General discussion area...all the sub-forums are kinda descript as to trades and sales...I think we should get a "General" subforum maybe an Off Topic area too.

We are a small community of coiners and friends, as with that we are all cachers...It would be interesting to discuss our caching habits & questions as Coiners.

Also just to discuss personal stuff we may be proud of without holding a cointest. It could have its own subforum and if you didnt want to, you'd NEVER even have to read it. Cool

With these 2 subforums, i think our forum will take off! Waddaya say??? we could do the sig Gallery, hold cointests, discuss stuff, and Have FUN!- Lets take it up a notch! Very Happy
Geo-Gophers

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

007BigD wrote:
I think we also need a General discussion area...all the sub-forums are kinda descript as to trades and sales...I think we should get a "General" subforum maybe an Off Topic area too.

We are a small community of coiners and friends, as with that we are all cachers...It would be interesting to discuss our caching habits & questions as Coiners.

Also just to discuss personal stuff we may be proud of without holding a cointest. It could have its own subforum and if you didnt want to, you'd NEVER even have to read it. Cool

With these 2 subforums, i think our forum will take off! Waddaya say??? we could do the sig Gallery, hold cointests, discuss stuff, and Have FUN!- Lets take it up a notch! Very Happy

All sounds brilliant to me!! Very Happy
007BigD

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SWEET!!!... It worked!!!

by the looks of things the admin had been thinkin this one through...I just posted a bit ago and came back by before bed and the WHOLE FORUM HAD CHANGED!!!!!

Cant wait to get back in and see whats new!!!! Nitey Night, its 2:30 AM and I gotta get up early Confused ... I dont know why i do this to myself! Rolling Eyes

Any other suggestions that would make OUR forum more to OUR liking??? Surprised
geo.error

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

wow, i saw this new forum with all the new forumpost and it feel like freedom.

Freedom to talk about everything you want, you can get help for other coiners and you may ask what you want.

Wow, i am impressed, thank you. Smile

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Theotokos

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!!!! Woke up this morning to see the site has morphed....what a lot of great topic areas. Good job Professor G!!!!
Theotokos

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was fixing up my profile page and was wondering if there was a way to add our coin trading links to the signature? I can't seem to get it to work?

edit..okay forget it..it is working - it just doesn't adjust for previous posts..
Team Shydog

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would it be possible to have a section dedicated to Events? Somewhere we could list and discuss different events that we will be attending, like the Midwest Geobash and the GeoCoinFest.
RedShoesGirl

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mousekakat wrote:
I'd like to not have my threads under the microscope as they are on the GC site.

Apparently I pissed off FSM and not only does he watch me like a hawk and delete things that are a bit extreme, like removing "pins and patches" from my event thread where I was asking for donations, but he also got one of his cronies to threaten me with banning for having the signature line that asked coiners to light a candle for a sick coiner, even though 2 others still have that in their sig lines!

I'm all for moderation to maintain civility, but microscopic moderation is a different subject entirely!

he removed stuff from your post? that i find appalling! did he mention in the post that he had edited it?

a few years ago i belonged to an e-mail group for members of the national needlepoint something or other.

we were always getting our hands "slapped" for one thing or other. so i started a new group on yahoo called "needlepoint etc." meaning if you wanted talk about baseball it was ok by me.

i thought, well if we get 50 members i will be overwhelmed. more than 800 people later i figured we had filled a niche. people wanted to talk about the work and how it related to their real live too. i left it in capable hands a few years ago when i found needlepoint just too slow moving! someday when i am old i will go back to it. Smile

this group will do well i think!

lara
lorca.nl

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TO HAVE A REAL GOOD AND A WONDERFULL TIME ON THIS FORUM

THAT IS WHAT I HOPE FOR......................
Mousekakat

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedShoesGirl wrote:
Mousekakat wrote:

he removed stuff from your post? that i find appalling! did he mention in the post that he had edited it?

a few years ago i belonged to an e-mail group for members of the national needlepoint something or other.

we were always getting our hands "slapped" for one thing or other. so i started a new group on yahoo called "needlepoint etc." meaning if you wanted talk about baseball it was ok by me.

i thought, well if we get 50 members i will be overwhelmed. more than 800 people later i figured we had filled a niche. people wanted to talk about the work and how it related to their real live too. i left it in capable hands a few years ago when i found needlepoint just too slow moving! someday when i am old i will go back to it. Smile

this group will do well i think!

lara

He did, said that I had to ask permission from groundspeak to ask for donations of pins and patches, believe it or not!

Disgusting!
MustangJoni

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think having the freedom to discuss things openly would keep me around. I love pathtags and I love non-trackable coins.

I also firmly believe that left to our own devices, this forum will be more positive than the other. I know I participated in a pretty ugly thread recently. But maybe it never would have come to that if we were allowed to post openly and honestly about what is going on in our little world.
sweetlife

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking for all the angst and fighting and name calling that has made the GC threads what they are today. Who ever calls who out in the first spitting match wins the first cointest

LOL

Barry of sweetlife
The Klever Boys

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freedom of speech is all I'm asking for Very Happy
Tooey

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Klever Boys wrote:
Freedom of speech is all I'm asking for Very Happy

What he said, in spades.

Sorry troops, I whimped out and removed the link from my sig line. I've worked hard to get my measly 112 caches, they don't grow on trees in these parts and I shouldn't want to lose my account.

I have replaced the link with Sad Gagged by Groundspeak Sad no doubt I shall be asked to remove that as well, even though it doesn't link anywhere.

While we are talking sneaky - what if I titled the link 'My Seeking List' ha ha ha ha ha but link it here ha ha ha ha, I might just do that, but better let the air clear for a day or two, oh I am so going to get banned !
RedShoesGirl

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sweetlife wrote:
I'm looking for all the angst and fighting and name calling that has made the GC threads what they are today. Who ever calls who out in the first spitting match wins the first cointest

LOL

Barry of sweetlife

and your evil streak is also showing up today. GREAT! (in a nice way or course)

rsg
Tooey

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedShoesGirl wrote:
sweetlife wrote:

LOL

Barry of sweetlife

and your evil streak is also showing up today. GREAT! (in a nice way or course)

rsg

Yep - nice job Sweetlife, just hope it lasts longer than mine.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.coinmatters.com Forum Index -> Welcome All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Create your own free forum now!
Terms of Service Purchase Ad Removal Forum Archive Report Abuse