The "Big" Forum www.coinmatters.com
Your coin discussion place.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
  GamesGames   

The "Big" Forum
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.coinmatters.com Forum Index -> Tall Latte 2 Shots To Go
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tooey

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:27 am    Post subject: The "Big" Forum Reply with quote

Question I posted a link from the "Big" forum - I am wondering if it will be allowed to stay, and will I get banished for linking to somewhere that talks about non-trackable coins Rolling Eyes
ATMouse

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not the link to non-trackable coins that is the biggest ache, it's a link to something that doesn't make GC.com money.

The purpose of life is a purposeful life.
Team Shydog

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting the link. That is how I found this site.
geo.error

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are they some coiners invite and others not. Rolling Eyes

Just a thought.

Have the gc moderators make this place for coiners who did not follow the guidelines. Evil or Very Mad

So they get now a easy job on the geocoinforum. Razz Razz
ATMouse

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

geo.error wrote:
Why are they some coiners invite and others not. Rolling Eyes

Just a thought.

Have the gc moderators make this place for coiners who did not follow the guidelines. Evil or Very Mad

So they get now a easy job on the geocoinforum. Razz Razz

The address list was used...no one has been excluded - it was a quick way to get a bunch of folks alerted to this. There are people who didn't add their names to the list. Hopefully word will spread.

The purpose of life is a purposeful life.
Tooey

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well there you go - the link has already been removed by FSM. Seems one must have persmission from Groundspeak before promoting another forum.

And now anyone not directly involved in the Geocoins Design debacle is not permitted to post in that thread.

I'm so glad we have an open forum here.
Mousekakat

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooey wrote:
Well there you go - the link has already been removed by FSM. Seems one must have persmission from Groundspeak before promoting another forum.

And now anyone not directly involved in the Geocoins Design debacle is not permitted to post in that thread.

Tooey wrote:

Tooey wrote:

<Link removed by moderator. Please get permission from Groundspeak before promoting another forum here - thank you.>

Really - I can see nothing in the guidelines that would suggest this is necessary. It is not commercial, it is not spam and it doesn't have a larger agenda - it is simply an alternative forum for discussing geocoins. I have read and re-read the forum guidelines and I cannot see why you have drawn this conclusion based on the published guidelines. We can link to coin vendors from the forums - one of which is being discussed in this thread and to my knowledge runs a forum and a chat room from their site. Is this yet another case of double standards being applied ?

YOU GO GIRL! And if you get banned for that one, I know just where to get you a banned from the forums coin Wink

It's just like my signature when I had the line in it to light a candle. I was threatened with banning (again) if I didn't remove it, whilst two others had candle signatures, as well.

I don't really have as much problem with Eartha. I don't always agree with her, but for the most part, even though she mods with an iron fist, she's ok and you can talk to her and with her and get feedback.

Evil or Very Mad FSM, on the other hand...don't get me started. Evil or Very Mad

Mamma says if ya can't say sumpthin nice, then stfu... well... it's time for me to stfu!!!

Naomi Smile
Tooey

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did you get that linked in there - I guess it was just a copy and paste.

Anyway FSM missed my other link which I put in your event donations thread, sadly a lot of other folk will miss it also Sad
Theotokos

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've added a link to this site in my sig on the 'other' site...hopefully that will help spread the word.
Tooey

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So did I and for my trouble FSM sent me the following :-

Good afternoon,<br />I have deleted your last post in the Geocoin Design thread as it clearly goes against what I stated. If you have questions about the guidelines you can direct them offline to either myself or Eartha. That thread is not the place to question it.<br /><br />Likewise, I need you to immediately remove the link in your sig line to the other forums until you receive permission from Groundspeak to put it in there. This is not open for debate - please remove the link before posting again and then if you have questions, you are free to discuss with either myself or the people at Groundspeak.<br /><br />I will copy this message to your email as well to ensure that you receive it.<br /><br />Thank you.<br /><br />FSM

Where does it say you need permission in the guidelines and what harm is it doing anybody ?
Theotokos

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooey wrote:
So did I and for my trouble FSM sent me the following :-

Good afternoon,<br />I have deleted your last post in the Geocoin Design thread as it clearly goes against what I stated. If you have questions about the guidelines you can direct them offline to either myself or Eartha. That thread is not the place to question it.<br /><br />Likewise, I need you to immediately remove the link in your sig line to the other forums until you receive permission from Groundspeak to put it in there. This is not open for debate - please remove the link before posting again and then if you have questions, you are free to discuss with either myself or the people at Groundspeak.<br /><br />I will copy this message to your email as well to ensure that you receive it.<br /><br />Thank you.<br /><br />FSM

Where does it say you need permission in the guidelines and what harm is it doing anybody ?

I don't know but it seems the guidelines change as needed...I was asked to remove mine as well...seems to have hit a sore spot. I guess in a monopoly TPTB tend to lose site of what got them to where they are.
Mousekakat

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taking it to Bryan (rothstafari) is a waste of time, as well.

FSM seems to have his nose so far up Bryan's butt that Bryan doesn't care what he does and lets FSM do what he wants.
The Klever Boys

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for organising this little haven guys, and thanks Tooey for the link - I spotted it before the giant hand swotted it Twisted Evil
Tooey

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it's their site and they can play the way they want to, this is our site and we can play our own way.

They just seem to be getting too big for their boots, the arrogance of it, sheesh.

I've copied the link to my profile page, let's see what they do about that one.

I wouldn't mind but I must have spent all of half an hour learning how to put a link in there in the first place Laughing
sweetlife

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

had it in my sig line too, got the message from FSM too, had to delete mine too
geo.error

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget it are not only the modarators who are making it a naughty gc-place but also the coiners who are complaining about your forumpost.

When i most short my cointest , there were many complains, one coiner did this in open [posted in my cointest forum post that he did not like my cointest] but other coiners did complain anonymous.

Also coiners have hurt my cointest players by a direct attack.

I hope that coiners who don't like as example cointest, don't open that tread and let the other enjoy the fun they have.

And i sure hope this tread stay open, to speak open about things you want to share, gives a feeling from freedom.

Btw for posting a pm from a moderator cost my 3 days beaned from forum.

Why don't we left the gc forum alone and e-mail our friends about this new forum.

Think about the mysteriecoin ima-gine, peace in the world and at forums, that is what i wish. Smile
Ljay

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

geo.error wrote:

When i most short my cointest , there were many complains, one coiner did this in open [posted in my cointest forum post that he did not like my cointest] but other coiners did complain anonymous.

Smile

Geo Error, I missed your cointest and didn't see that argument and i now have to ask what it was that was soo offensive??? Shocked
If i remember rightly they shut down Mousekakat's I got a new job cointest a few months back. I'm guessing cos it wasn't coin related?? Laughing

So i guess the question is, if i want to run a cointest in the big forum and i am willing to give away a coin with out getting anything in return (other maybe that a laugh at your story or picture) what is the problem???
The Wolf Pack

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mousekakat wrote:

Evil or Very Mad FSM, on the other hand...don't get me started. Evil or Very Mad

Mamma says if ya can't say sumpthin nice, then stfu... well... it's time for me to stfu!!!

Naomi Smile

LMFAO @ stfu
The Wolf Pack

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ljay wrote:
geo.error wrote:

Smile

Geo Error, I missed your cointest and didn't see that argument and i now have to ask what it was that was soo offensive??? Shocked
If i remember rightly they shut down Mousekakat's I got a new job cointest a few months back. I'm guessing cos it wasn't coin related?? Laughing

So i guess the question is, if i want to run a cointest in the big forum and i am willing to give away a coin with out getting anything in return (other maybe that a laugh at your story or picture) what is the problem???

I remember that coin test Geo.Error it was an aweful thing they done complain over the least little thing Evil or Very Mad

I mean come on if you don't want to enter the cointest don't open the thread that plain and simple right? WRONG the problem is this all the complainers lifes suck so they need to make all the non complainers ( US Very Happy ) life suck also kinda brings ya down don't it? Laughing
The Klever Boys

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geo.Error, was your Cointest the one asking who had the most individual coins?

I recall seeing that one, but now it seems to have disappeared into the heavens Rolling Eyes
The Wolf Pack

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Klever Boys wrote:

I recall seeing that one, but now it seems to have disappeared into the heavens Rolling Eyes

Was that the thread about "most unique coins"?

If so I thought I was losing my mind lol I seen the cointest for most unique coins....I hit reply went to my album took out all my unique coins out... took a picture... uploaded to photobucket then I proceed to post...I hit sumbit and my post wouldn't take Surprised so I went back to the main geocoin forum page and the thread wasn't there Question

What was that about? Did the mods have no unique coins? were they jealous Question Rolling Eyes
Tooey

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mousekakat wrote:
Taking it to Bryan (rothstafari) is a waste of time, as well.

FSM seems to have his nose so far up Bryan's butt that Bryan doesn't care what he does and lets FSM do what he wants.

LMAO Laughing except in the cold light of day it isn't really funny is it ?
geo.error

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Klever Boys wrote:

No it was the celebrate cointest, i got some very good news and want to celebrate.

People were very enthousaist with posting funny pictures.

But yes there was no coins in those pictures, so no geocoin relative.

Atleast it has take 24 hours and i want somebody make laugh, now that coiner has laugh.

So my purpose from celebrate has work.
Thanks again everybody who has help make my cointest, a very funny one. Smile
LoriDarlin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hhmmm and where is that Princess Mousekakat?? hmmm maybe i need to get banned lol

Mousekakat wrote:
YOU GO GIRL! And if you get banned for that one, I know just where to get you a banned from the forums coin Wink

Naomi Smile
ladybee4t

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooey wrote:

I personally think that the mods were trying very hard to keep that thread open. It was getting out of line and was heading to get shut down again. Maybe doing what they did was the best way to accomplish that so the word could get out to what Paula was doing. It also allows us to know if someone who was cheated ever gets their design or money back such as Fluteface. It popped back up to the top this evening too.

I also wondered why it was reopened after Eartha originally closed it within 5 minutes of the thread being started. I wonder if Paula actually asked to have it reopened so she could tell her side of the story. If so it backfired!! Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.coinmatters.com Forum Index -> Tall Latte 2 Shots To Go All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Create your own free forum now!
Terms of Service Purchase Ad Removal Forum Archive Report Abuse