new sig items www.coinmatters.com
Your coin discussion place.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
  GamesGames   

new sig items

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.coinmatters.com Forum Index -> Signature Items
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedShoesGirl

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:00 pm    Post subject: new sig items Reply with quote

i have new ones and now that i have a bunch i need to go caching more! or trade more of them. Smile

the spiral, in honour of the divine feminine and the armadillo. i have my own special name for an armadillo, but it is probably not wise to post that in this family friendly place. Wink

lara
ElliPirelli

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The armadillo is cool, but the spiral reminds me very much of my favourite liquorice!

A Haribo snail! Don't make them in black or I'll be tempted to eat them!!!

Let's see what you think of my first attempt for a sig item:

I asked several peoble what it might be, and the answers were sometimes downright upsetting...

So, what do you see?

I've started dropping them in caches, but I think they'll be in there forever. Even my glas marbles stay in caches...

Regards, ElliPirelli
Whitby

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElliPirelli wrote:

I asked several peoble what it might be, and the answers were sometimes downright upsetting...

So, what do you see?

I've started dropping them in caches, but I think they'll be in there forever. Even my glas marbles stay in caches...

Regards, ElliPirelli

Hey! I knew what it is! And I like the tiny one!
Rainer
Mousekakat

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elli, those are quite clearly squirrels and anyone who says different is just being silly Smile

Lara, those armydil*os are just great, I love em!!

Naomi Smile
ElliPirelli

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Whitby, you were one of the very few, who immediately knew what it's supposed to be. Well, you were the first receiver as well! Wink

And yes, Mousekakat, you're right as well. Laughing

Thanks! Very Happy Very Happy
I nearly cried, as two of my collegues and a gospel choir sister didn't regognize my little squirrel... How could they?!!! *being so proud of them*

ElliPirelli
Whitby

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElliPirelli wrote:
Yes, Whitby, you were one of the very few, who immediately knew what it's supposed to be. Well, you were the first receiver as well! Wink

ElliPirelli

I feel honored!
ElliPirelli

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi RSG, just have a look at this.

I went out tonight to shop for my favourite liquorice. And I'm eating my photomodels right now... Laughing

RedShoesGirl

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElliPirelli wrote:
Hi RSG, just have a look at this.

I went out tonight to shop for my favourite liquorice. And I'm eating my photomodels right now... Laughing

oh yum! i love licorice. hey, i'll trade you some spiral "coins" for some spiral licorice!

anyone who would like these new sigs, just let me know. i hit the post office on saturday.

and i saw the squirrels, but the marbling of the clay made it hard to recognize. i am finding that i have to do a lot of work to the casts, they don't exactly look like they do in the pics with the molds. but still fun.

lara
ElliPirelli

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedShoesGirl wrote:
oh yum! i love licorice. hey, i'll trade you some spiral "coins" for some spiral licorice!

Deal! But I have to go shopping first, I got only one bag, and thats half emty by now.... Embarassed

RedShoesGirl wrote:
and i saw the squirrels, but the marbling of the clay made it hard to recognize.

Yes, I found the finer marbling a bit boring and tryed for some bolder patterns, but the small mold makes it then difficult to regognize the shape... Sad
Well, it was a first attempt, noone is perfect... I just have to experiment some more.... Very Happy

Regards, ElliPirelli
RedShoesGirl

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElliPirelli wrote:
RedShoesGirl wrote:

Deal! But I have to go shopping first, I got only one bag, and thats half emty by now.... Embarassed

RedShoesGirl wrote:
and i saw the squirrels, but the marbling of the clay made it hard to recognize.

Yes, I found the finer marbling a bit boring and tryed for some bolder patterns, but the small mold makes it then difficult to regognize the shape... Sad
Well, it was a first attempt, noone is perfect... I just have to experiment some more.... Very Happy

Regards, ElliPirelli

experimenting is fun! have a good time. i am off tomorrow and will be trying out some new molds!

lara
Geo-Gophers

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love your new sig items RSG, the little armadillos are just so cute and the muted colours are lovely. I've got little silver-
coloured Celtic beads/charms that look just like your spirals too.

I knew straight away that your sigs were tiny squirrels EP, I think you've done a wonderful job of them there........they're lovely.

I've been busy with the Sculpey LOL and when I'm feeling brave enough will post some pics of my attempts but I feel sick at the thought of posting them LOL. When I look at all of yours and then look at my own.......I just think "oh dear". I don't have an artistic bone in my body. However thanks to Karen's (kehunt64) help and encouragement through tons of emails I decided to give it a go.......and it's great fun trying, minutes turn into hours and the kitchen looks like a bombsite but never mind!!

Ali Laughing

RedShoesGirl

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geo-Gophers wrote:
Love your new sig items RSG, the little armadillos are just so cute and the muted colours are lovely. I've got little silver-
coloured Celtic beads/charms that look just like your spirals too.

I knew straight away that your sigs were tiny squirrels EP, I think you've done a wonderful job of them there........they're lovely.

I've been busy with the Sculpey LOL and when I'm feeling brave enough will post some pics of my attempts but I feel sick at the thought of posting them LOL. When I look at all of yours and then look at my own.......I just think "oh dear". I don't have an artistic bone in my body. However thanks to Karen's (kehunt64) help and encouragement through tons of emails I decided to give it a go.......and it's great fun trying, minutes turn into hours and the kitchen looks like a bombsite but never mind!!

Ali Laughing

be sure and let us know when you are ready to trade! i am not creative at all, the army-dil**os are from a mold. pretty simple. but i have learned in the past couple of days i am supposed to sand the backs and rough edges smooth. well duh. ok, where are those emery boards. Smile

rsg
Gatoulis

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElliPirelli wrote:
The armadillo is cool, but the spiral reminds me very much of my favourite liquorice!

A Haribo snail! Don't make them in black or I'll be tempted to eat them!!!

Let's see what you think of my first attempt for a sig item:

So, what do you see?

Regards, ElliPirelli

Oh! beautiful squirrels!!! Good job!!! Are they made of clay, or wood? some look like wooden!! Smile

I see sometimes glass marbles in caches here in Greece, and I knowthat a friend of mine is droping them, but I thought they were for trade, and not signature items!! That is why I never took one! Oh! I will have to ask him if they are his signature item!!!
Probably other geocachers think the same thing with your glass marbles!

I have to admit!! If I ever find in a cache one of your squirrels....I will not let it in the cache!!! Laughing
Of course, Greece is so far away....
ElliPirelli

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gatoulis wrote:
Oh! beautiful squirrels!!! Good job!!! Are they made of clay, or wood? some look like wooden!! Smile

Neither, they made from Fimo, which is PVC. First it's like playdoo or if you don't have that a bit like breaddough. I can make all sorts of shapes, if I'm talented enough and then place my finished piece in the over and bake it at low temperature for half an hour.
After baking they're very tough.

I used brown and bronce and mixed the two colours. Some squirrels are boldly patterned, but I found that this isn't nice, the tiny shape of the squirrel is not recognizable anymore.

Gatoulis wrote:

I see sometimes glass marbles in caches here in Greece, and I knowthat a friend of mine is droping them, but I thought they were for trade, and not signature items!! That is why I never took one! Oh! I will have to ask him if they are his signature item!!!
Probably other geocachers think the same thing with your glass marbles!

Well, my glas marbles are swag but as I drop them in almost every cache, they're also a kind if sig item, I assume...

Gatoulis wrote:
I have to admit!! If I ever find in a cache one of your squirrels....I will not let it in the cache!!! Laughing
Of course, Greece is so far away....

My next "long distance" holiday is planned for Ireland, the children have to visit their old schoolfriends and refresh their English...

But maybe next year in winter. What's the weather usually like in January? Laughing

Regards, ElliPirelli
Gatoulis

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...here is winter too! Of course in Rhodes, things are not so bad! snow is extemelly rare in my island! I have seen only once, and I had to go to the top of the tallest mountain! Smile

Of course, I can not really say how the weather will be, just because it seems that the weather in unpredictable! We have crazy weather, so you might see strange things happening!! Exclamation [/quote]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.coinmatters.com Forum Index -> Signature Items All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Create your own free forum now!
Terms of Service Purchase Ad Removal Forum Archive Report Abuse