Oh well, here goes....... www.coinmatters.com
Your coin discussion place.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
  GamesGames   

Oh well, here goes.......

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.coinmatters.com Forum Index -> Signature Items
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Geo-Gophers

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:40 am    Post subject: Oh well, here goes....... Reply with quote

Well, (cringes and takes a deep breath here LOL), here are my most recent attempts our signature items. It's taken me ages to pluck up the courage to post these pics because I haven't an artistic bone in my body. Embarassed

I've just been dabbling away at making little bits and bobs and stamping each of them (either on the front or back) with our caching name. They're mixtures of subjects that both Andy and I enjoy, and also that I just wanted to try making for the fun of it (such as the hats etc).

I love anything to do with history and archaeology, hence the Egyptian tablets, the little scarab beetles, cave deer, petroglyphs and fossils etc. etc lol. Then my for my love of nature...leaves, dragonflies, sealife, toadstools (with a little hint of a fairy door LOL)...the list is endless.

If anyone at all out there would like to trade sigs (I don't suppose that you will, but it's worth a try lol!!!!!), I would love to hear from you. I've never seen very many signature items over here in the UK and I'm always in awe at the beautiful examples/pics that are posted on the sites. If you want to get in touch just send me an email through the system on here.

Now to try and get the courage to post this on the "big" forum!! Rolling Eyes

Alison (one half of Geo-Gophers)

Mousekakat

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are so silly!!

THOSE ARE GREAT!!!
ElliPirelli

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my, why did you have to make sooooooo many?
Can't decide which is nicest!

They're brilliant!!!

I especially like the ones with the leaves!
But also the praehistorical paintings, the scarabaeus, the bobblehats the mushrooms, well all of them!

You must have spent hours to make so many things!
grodan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohh, me like. E-mail sent with tradersoffer.

grodan Karin
bikermel76

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One word

WOW

Very Happy

You're right, there aren't resally sig items in the UK, especially very personal ones like these!
Gatoulis

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW!!! Beautiful signature items!!! you are artistic my friend!!! Smile

I like the egyptian theme, the leaf, the dragonfly.... I like them all!!! All are unique anf beautiful!!!

Great job!!! Very Happy
RedShoesGirl

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

these are totally awesome! you are too silly, as someone else said. no reason at all to be reticent about posting such cool sigs. now we have to figure out which ones too trade. i see you are like me, make a LOT of things and then what do you do, well you give them away!!

how did you make the sheep petroglyph ones. gosh, wonderful! i better get to practicing some more!

congrats and thanks for posting the pics.

lara
geo.error

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah yeah you were not creative you told me , you got me there, daarnn woman you are creative and i like them all. [smile]
Gatoulis

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello RSG! Smile

sheep petroglyphs?? You are probably talking about the antilope petroglyph ones, right? Well...I think it is a deer, or an antilope! Smile
I know, I have big imagination!!! Laughing

I love them too!! I am wondering the same thing! Is it made by 2 parts that were glued together? they are amazing!!!! Very Happy
GeoKs

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are terrific - anyone with the vision, time, energy and patience to create something so cool is definitely artistic. Would love to trade a pathtag or two for one of your little winter touques (sp?).
RedShoesGirl

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gatoulis wrote:
Hello RSG! Smile

sheep petroglyphs?? You are probably talking about the antilope petroglyph ones, right? Well...I think it is a deer, or an antilope! Smile

I love them too!! I am wondering the same thing! Is it made by 2 parts that were glued together? they are amazing!!!! Very Happy

the horns curving backwards are very typical of petroglyphs of big horn sheep, especially found around here. i am lucky to live in an area that is rich in rock art!

[/url]
L/GBOTS

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're really beautiful
Gatoulis

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedShoesGirl wrote:
Gatoulis wrote:
Hello RSG! Smile

the horns curving backwards are very typical of petroglyphs of big horn sheep, especially found around here. i am lucky to live in an area that is rich in rock art!

[/url]

WOW!!!!!! Thank you Lara my friend!!! Oh! I wish one day I will see petroglyphs from close!!! I thought it was African petroglyphs! I think they are similar, but show antilopes! Smile

The photo you posted, shows quite good shaped ones!! Do you know how old they are? Are they Indian (native american), or from the prehistoric times??? The guy was an artist!
Gatoulis

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey!!! they may be goats!!! Very Happy Why not?
RedShoesGirl

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gatoulis wrote:
Hey!!! they may be goats!!! Very Happy Why not?

well, if they are from the american west, there we no wild goats. big horn sheep were a game animal for the indians.

seeing petroglyphs in person, for me, is like being in a church. simply wonderous!

rsg
Geo-Gophers

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm stunned at all these lovely, encouraging words..... thanks so much folks!!

The deer petroglyphs are from a mold. I just put different colours of clay in each of the sections....sometimes blending them before to try and get them to look a little bit varied. Then I put them on a piece of black clay for a background with a touch of varnish to seal it. There was no glue needed because the Sculpey bonds well in the oven.

The lovely Karen (kehunt64) got me started on my patterns for the shrooms and hats etc......K is a little gem, she was so patient with all my emails LOL. I'll gladly send some of what anybody would like off to you all, just PM me your addresses (or I can try and find you on the Google doc if you're on there). I'm doing some for a few folks here as little gifts just now.....sorry I'm so slow folks, life keeps on getting in the way. I had trouble with a leaking pipe yesterday lol....but after that was sorted I got back to the Sculpey.....I find that kneading away is a great way of releasing tension lol. It's a bit like those squishy things people buy for just that purpose!!

I've never tried anything like this before. I had to pinch myself to believe reading all these lovely comments here. I love doing them because it really takes my mind off anything that's bothering me and it's great fun.......just like caching.

Lara, your pics of the petroglyphs are a treat to see........you're so lucky living where there is an abundance of them in the wild/natural world.

RedShoesGirl

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Gatoulis"]
RedShoesGirl wrote:
Gatoulis wrote:
Hello RSG! Smile

WOW!!!!!! Thank you Lara my friend!!! Oh! I wish one day I will see petroglyphs from close!!! I thought it was African petroglyphs! I think they are similar, but show antilopes! Smile

The photo you posted, shows quite good shaped ones!! Do you know how old they are? Are they Indian (native american), or from the prehistoric times??? The guy was an artist!

i am not sure how old these are that i posted. but as i was re-reading your post i was struck again how we all react depending on where we live.

you thought africa, which is a real possibility, while i was influenced by my life in the american west.

those "glyphs" could be impalas from africa!

time to widen my world view more!

lara
ElliPirelli

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just say they are simlified horned animals and all is well.

But I must admid, I thought Africa or South of France and prehistoric cave paintings as well! Wink

Well, it is much closer than Western USA... Very Happy
Gatoulis

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...you never know! At prehistoric times, many animals used to live in places that they are not anymore! also, many animals do not exist anymore, so....

Just imagine that in the ancient times, lions used to live in Greece!!! Hercules killed a lion...remember??? Laughing

In the island of Tilos, in dodecanese, bones of nano elephands were found!!! They were not taller than 1.50 meters!!!! that was probably according to what they had to eat, but...to tell you the truth I would love to see a nano elephant!!!! Laughing

Except all that, in our mythology we had Cyclops! Ulysses killed one! Well, ok, this was a mythology, but ancients had seen huge sculls that had one hole where our eyes are!!! so they thought they were cyclops, with only one eye!!!! Nope!!! they were not cyclops!!! Just sculls of Elephants!!!! Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.coinmatters.com Forum Index -> Signature Items All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Create your own free forum now!
Terms of Service Purchase Ad Removal Forum Archive Report Abuse