Error Coins www.coinmatters.com
Your coin discussion place.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
  GamesGames   

Error Coins

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.coinmatters.com Forum Index -> Questions & Answers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eltada

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:34 am    Post subject: Error Coins Reply with quote

Well, I popped in here today and there was nothing new on the whole forum. Thinking that perhaps others drop in and then skeddadle after seeing nothing new, I thought I post a question for those who have had a coin minted.

What do you do with the coins that were minted that have errors?

In my situation, it wasn't a whole run. Just 10 or 12 that had various enamel or plating problems...a scratch or what have you. Basically nothing major but I wouldn't want to sell them in that condition. The mint gladly replaced them and I now have an error coin and a replacement coin with the same tracking number.

Do I send the error coin along with the replacement ("good") coin as a bonus or is there something else that can be done with them? I think I have heard of some people grinding off the tracking code with mixed results.

Curious about what others have done...

Thanks!

Check out my blog at: http://eltada.blogspot.com
Dark Elf

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no experiences with these things, but i think it would be a nice thing to send the error coin along as a bonus.
The recipients would definetly be happy about that Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.coinmatters.com Forum Index -> Questions & Answers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Create your own free forum now!
Terms of Service Purchase Ad Removal Forum Archive Report Abuse