Crib Note for Designing/Minting a coin? www.coinmatters.com
Your coin discussion place.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
  GamesGames   

Crib Note for Designing/Minting a coin?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.coinmatters.com Forum Index -> Questions & Answers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kvphoto

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:25 am    Post subject: Crib Note for Designing/Minting a coin? Reply with quote

I have an idea for a personal coin I'd like to design/mint at some point when funds are available. Could someone walk me through the process, contacts, etc? Thanks!
ThePetersTrio

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Crib Note for Designing/Minting a coin? Reply with quote

Kvphoto wrote:
I have an idea for a personal coin I'd like to design/mint at some point when funds are available. Could someone walk me through the process, contacts, etc? Thanks!

You might want to read the thread about great vendors/designers to work with if you haven't already.

I approached several vendors with my sketch and got quotes. One thing that is imperative for me is good communication and prompt responses to my emails. The quotes came back and 2 were literally within $25 from each other. The other vendor wasn't sure they could do the suncatcher and cutouts for the price I wanted and (nicely) tried to steer me to something a little different. But I had a definite idea of what I wanted and as the 2 other vendors said they could do it, it came down to money in the end. (All three were awesome with communication, BTW.) I did contact a few people who had worked with Hogwildstuff (at hubby's insistance) just to be sure there weren't any issues behind the scene and every single person said they were great. So that is who I went with. I couldn't be happier. But as others have shared their experiences with great vendors too, there are more than a few great ones out there.

Definitely give yourself PLENTY of time. I started my sun coin process in early May, thinking I'd have the coins by early July. Things just take longer than you think they will, especially when you want samples (which I highly recommend). So if you want a coin ready by Christmas, my advice is to start now. Wink

Good luck. It's really a fun experience and a great way to practice patience. Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.coinmatters.com Forum Index -> Questions & Answers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Create your own free forum now!
Terms of Service Purchase Ad Removal Forum Archive Report Abuse