Can someone tell me how this one got past Groundspeak? www.coinmatters.com
Your coin discussion place.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
  GamesGames   

Can someone tell me how this one got past Groundspeak?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.coinmatters.com Forum Index -> Design talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Wolf Pack

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChanceRider wrote:
MustangJoni wrote:
Whitby wrote:
Great topic for my first forum post here, isn't it?

I didn't have a closer look at the coin at the beginning as I simply didn't like it. But now I'm studying it carefully and find several things that point in that very direction. Don't you think that the hand holding the GPSr looks a little ... well, maybe ... strange?

OMG! You are right about that hand! Who holds their GPSr that way? LOL

I'm in tears because I'm laughing so hard. Razz

I can't even stop laughing long enough to explain what I'm laughing about.... I love this thread!

MustangJoni

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did notice that they removed the cherry icon from the sales page. If you click on the menu where it says "Presale Coins" and scroll down the the bottom, it looks like the icon for that coin will be an ammo can.
moscow32

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got an email back from Bryan saying that the icon was rejected and the title of the coin has been changed to "You're Geocaching First Geocoin".

Doesn't do much for the coin itself, but... there you go... something's got to give.
ChanceRider

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moscow32 wrote:
I just got an email back from Bryan saying that the icon was rejected and the title of the coin has been changed to "You're Geocaching First Geocoin".

Doesn't do much for the coin itself, but... there you go... something's got to give.

So, perhaps the censoring is misplaced? Rather than paying enough attention to coin design approval, the forums are over-censored? Just an observation by a humble by-stander .
The Wolf Pack

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MustangJoni wrote:
I did notice that they removed the cherry icon from the sales page. If you click on the menu where it says "Presale Coins" and scroll down the the bottom, it looks like the icon for that coin will be an ammo can.

oh yes I see that .... GS must have said something but what a bout the coin? The icon was only a small peice of the puzzle....
geocachingdragon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WARNING do read this Post if eating or drinking <<<< choking hazard>>> Was looking at the coin and and at the hand on the gps guiding its way to its first find, And then looking at the detail on the coin i was thing .. what do fallopian tubes look like?? I'm not posting a picture That i goggled But i really think i could be right.
MustangJoni

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if it is my imagination or not, but is there a slight ridge around the GPSr? LOL
The Wolf Pack

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG OMG I'm think you are right on the money....

The Wolf Pack

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been trying to figure out what it on the tree..the one on the left
MustangJoni

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there are probably alot of things in this coin that we aren't even seeing.

I'm really surprised they were able to pull one over on GS!

That is just pretty darn funny!
geocachingdragon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured out the tree it is a knot in the tree that is missing with a contain inside . It Does look like a finger . the Log has a ammo can.
ladybee4t

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I emailed Bryan last night and basically got the same reply as Moscow32. However with the name change and the cherry icon removed he doesn't think that it is remotely sexually suggestive. I really think that others of you should email him also so that he might start looking at it a little closer. i dont' think it is family friendly. Geocachingdragon email him that picture you googled as I bet that Paula used something like that for her "inspiration" for her original art work
ladybee4t

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to add bryan's email bryan@groundspeak.com
emzernask

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

never mind all the sexual suggestiveness, the coin is just plain ugly.
ParentsofSAM

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The coin certain has a double entandre.

When I got the email the other day and read the text I was disgusted. I thought it was just that my mind lived in the gutter. I am glad to see other people have gutter minds too! LOL Smile
Tooey

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

emzernask wrote:
never mind all the sexual suggestiveness, the coin is just plain ugly.

I would agree with that statement Exclamation and the different colour combinations doesn't improve it either.
ATMouse

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I'll admit to looking at the front side rather more closely than normal. The fact that it is so poorly put together with a strange angle on many of the elements makes me think that there are hidden outlines and designs there.

And the total effect is ugly and odd and disjoined looking.

I don't get the whole sophomoric "tee-hee" of it all anyhow.

Edited to add: The tee-hee on the part of the maker of this coin...not us. I mean: So you got a thrill out of being so clever???

Meh.

The purpose of life is a purposeful life.

Last edited by ATMouse on Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Team 'zZZz'

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ladybee4t wrote:
I emailed Bryan last night and basically got the same reply as Moscow32. However with the name change and the cherry icon removed he doesn't think that it is remotely sexually suggestive. I really think that others of you should email him also so that he might start looking at it a little closer. i dont' think it is family friendly. Geocachingdragon email him that picture you googled as I bet that Paula used something like that for her "inspiration" for her original art work

Don't get me wrong ... but will children really see what we as adults intend to see ? Cool

I would agree with Bryan that with the name change it's less suggestive - and for those of us who followed this thread it will place a smile/smirk on the face if we ever come across one of this coins (which I hardly doubt as the coin is really ugly) ...

Just my two (european) cents Laughing

Cheers,
Dirk
The Wolf Pack

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Team 'zZZz' wrote:
ladybee4t wrote:

Don't get me wrong ... but will children really see what we as adults intend to see ? Cool

I would agree with Bryan that with the name change it's less suggestive - and for those of us who followed this thread it will place a smile/smirk on the face if we ever come across one of this coins (which I hardly doubt as the coin is really ugly) ...

Just my two (european) cents Laughing

Cheers,
Dirk

Well I for one don't want to see something like that on a coin, If I wanna see something like that I'll look in the mirror Embarassed

Just my two cent also Very Happy
007BigD

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw this one last night and my jaw bout hit the floor!

If ya ask me...Its pretty clever! Id say very well done for hidden inuendo. Could be a little cleaner, but man, it had to be hard to make it look "suggestive" while keeping the actual images that hide th etrue nature clean and detailed.

I like it, just because its so "Riskay" if it wasnt designed to be what it is...then Id say its one of the ugliest coins out there...I think she just had to do what she had to do, to get what she had to get! Wink
007BigD

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If ya asked me again...Id have liked the icon and the name were left as is, but thats just me. Sure it makes slight reference, but if ya didnt notice the hidden imagery, it'd just be a slight reference to "firsts"

Its just well done...Dont think 90% of the people would see anything but an ugly design, with a semi-insinuating name and icon and they probably wouldnt even had noticed that in the first place...maybe though.

As far as Kids noticing...Not a chance! I told a friend to check it out and he couldnt even see it!

If you are good enough to slip it by groundspeak...Id say you lucked out! Does that mean its cache friendly? Not at all, I just think its done well enough to "Let it slide" Shocked maybe even as far as sayin its just a.....Naaaa I wont even go there! Embarassed

Not tryin to be a pig or anything...Just she did well at hiding the main reference even though its "RIGHT IN YOUR FACE!" Surprised Guess there's 2 sides to everything and Im just not offended by it at all...Think its more clever than anything.

Edit to add:Did you see the Boobies??? Smile

Last edited by 007BigD on Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
geocachingdragon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well you know what they say that there is no negative advertising We talked about it for 3 pages in detail . It was a commissioned coin So they probably got what they wanted.
007BigD

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

geocachingdragon wrote:
well you know what they say that there is no negative advertising We talked about it for 3 pages in detail . It was a commissioned coin So they probably got what they wanted.

Tru Tru! This only helped sell a few sets Im sure~ I woulda never even seen it, if wasnt for this thread!...Fess up ~ Whos's gettin a set??? Im debating, just wish they sold em seperatley!
I havent bought any of her designs for quite awhile...Just gotta get over it and give credit when credits due I guess, a nice design is a nice design but thats another thread and perhaps another coin. Wink This is just more clever than anything.
ladybee4t

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

geocachingdragon wrote:

I'm not completely sure they actually got what they wanted. I would think that they hoped with the original name and icon that they would get some sales because of that alone. Now with that changed who knows. There are many in this thread alone that said it is an ugly coin so I really doubt that there will be many takers from this thread (except of course 007BigD!! LOL)
007BigD

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ladybee4t wrote:
geocachingdragon wrote:

I'm not completely sure they actually got what they wanted. I would think that they hoped with the original name and icon that they would get some sales because of that alone. Now with that changed who knows. There are many in this thread alone that said it is an ugly coin so I really doubt that there will be many takers from this thread (except of course 007BigD!! LOL)

If they sold one coin...I may have, but at 27.00 per set~NOPE! If everyone who saw the presale noticed the backs reference, then maybe some would bite, but its almost too unoticeable for everyone to catch it and Id say the icon and coins name change will effect the presale aswell. We'll see! This is pretty a darn interesting coin though...Ya gotta admit!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.coinmatters.com Forum Index -> Design talk All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Create your own free forum now!
Terms of Service Purchase Ad Removal Forum Archive Report Abuse