How Did you Find This Place?---Who do you thank www.coinmatters.com
Your coin discussion place.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
  GamesGames   

How Did you Find This Place?---Who do you thank

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.coinmatters.com Forum Index -> Tall Latte 2 Shots To Go
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shop99er

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:28 pm    Post subject: How Did you Find This Place?---Who do you thank Reply with quote

I didn't see anything like this, so I'll start it.

I found a link to this forum in the Pathtags forum.
ThePetersTrio

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey~

I think the original mail out went to all of those on the address list. We've been trying to spread the word but obviously Groundspeak won't let us post any links there so it's just sort of been by word-of-mouth.

I'm happy to hear the Pathtags forum is more open about allowing links to other boards. Cool

Welcome aboard!
The Wolf Pack

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WTG pathtag forum and welcome Shop99er Smile

I have it in my Sig line when I send out emails for trades and such Smile
The Klever Boys

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the link on RSG's sig line over in the other place - before she had to go stand in the "naughty box" for three days Confused

PetersTrio - what's "the address list" Question
DresselDragons

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We received an invite from the Professor...yesterday, I saw it promoted in CastleMan's newsletter, and also heard it promoted on Podcacher.
The Wolf Pack

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooey invited me Very Happy Thank you Very Happy
fox-and-the-hound

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was lucky enough to be in the initial email blast! I've invited some friends since and been in a non-stop PM barage with Eartha ever since. I wonder how long it'll take before I get slapped around? Twisted Evil

Since I'm sure she's reading this: Can we still be friends? All I want is an open forum. Not too much to ask I hope. Sad

Last edited by fox-and-the-hound on Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Mousekakat

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fox-and-the-hound wrote:
I was lucky enough to be in the initial email blast! I've invited some friends since and been in a non-stop PM barage with Eartha ever since. I wonder how long it'll take before I get slapped around? Twisted Evil

Boy, would I like to be a fly on the wall for this one, care to share Twisted Evil
DaFunkyFrogs

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also got it from rsg before she got "punished"...........
belken

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My son got an invite through his GC profile. I had a look and signed up to see where its going to go. Its been done before and yet the groundspeak forum runs from strength to strength. I do read the other forums but will not post there.

If this forum ever becomes more than a playground I would be be happy.
fox-and-the-hound

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mousekakat wrote:
fox-and-the-hound wrote:

Boy, would I like to be a fly on the wall for this one, care to share Twisted Evil

I'll open a new thread in PathTags to explain...

(the pathtag section here)

Last edited by fox-and-the-hound on Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total
ThePetersTrio

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Klever Boys wrote:
PetersTrio - what's "the address list" Question

It's a spread sheet you can join with your contact information. I think it was set up for people so they can gift coins and signature items to others anonymously (I might be wrong about that).

You have to be invited to join but all that means is asking to join it and someone will send you the link so you can add your data. I think Mousekakat could tell you more, and send you an invite.

I think there is a thread on the coin board at gc.com at the moment that is about being invited - you might post there if you are interested.
Crowesfeat30

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fox-and-the-hound wrote:

I was also included in the initial e-mail blast. But I usually keep my head down so am missing out on the slap-fest. Laughing Except as an innocent (yeah right) bystander...

CF30
Whitby

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also on the list and got the email. But it took me some days to get here, as I was extremely busy.
We should thank Castle Man for mentioning the forum in his newsletter. And I was really surprised when listening to the latest PodCacher episode today Very Happy
gardengorilla

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crowesfeat30 wrote:
fox-and-the-hound wrote:

I was also included in the initial e-mail blast. But I usually keep my head down so am missing out on the slap-fest. Laughing Except as an innocent (yeah right) bystander...

CF30

Yeah, me too but I thought it was spam...then Trena sent me an invite too so I got curious. I also saw it on the Castle coins newsletter and heard about it on Podcacher later. I think it's great there are other ways to get the word out.
ThePetersTrio

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over 150 members now. I think CM's newletter really helped. Cool
Tethys C

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to me!! Smile
I first got the e-mail from 'the list' list.
Castleman's newsletter got my off my arse and I signed up today.
Hi to everyone. Looks like a fun, open forum.
BRoKeNW

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was in the initial e-mail blast and by the looks of the memberlist I was the 2nd one to join Laughing

My Seeking List

My Trader list
Geo-Gophers

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whitby wrote:
I'm also on the list and got the email. But it took me some days to get here.....Very Happy

Ditto.....except it took me a few days to get here because at first I thought the message was spam in my Googlemail lol.........then I saw a comment by Tooey on the big forum and realised what the email had been about........I'm never the brightest match in the box LOL!!

Ali Very Happy
Professor Grumbledor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No thanks are needed, except to Castleman for adding the details to his newsletter and the Podcachers (?) for mentioning it on their Podcast - I went trawling through all the geocaching links I could find and emailed where there were contact details.

Initially I just emailed to everyone on the address list, since I considered this to be the easiest way to reach the largest number of coin fanatics, I mean fans, I thought this would be ok since it wasn't in any way commercial - I got one complaint - well you always get one don't you Exclamation

The Podcast and Castleman's newsletter netted us approximately another 30 members today bringing the total to 153.

1246 Articles already posted, and not a moderator in sight Very Happy

As a side note, Groundspeak are still not speaking to me, my appeal was closed and I opened another ticket to ask why since I've had no response to my appeal, and they haven't bothered answering that ticket either. Guess they are going to continue to ignore me Sad I haven't been rude, I've remained polite, I've given them an explanation, maybe now is the time to ask for my money back ! I don't know about you, but from my experience - this is not the way to treat ones customers.

For those who joined this board later I posted elsewhere my 'history' with Groundspeak, I think it is in the 'Questions' section, any way the long and short of it I felt there was a need to start an open forum - somewhere where we can come and discuss what we want to discuss, have it organised the way we want it organised. I've been getting plenty of positive feedback - so I believe that so far coinmatters is achieving its goal.

I would like to thank everyone who has come on board and made a contribution, I've learnt quite a lot this last week, seen some great ideas and even seen a few coins I had never seen before. Keep those posts coming.
maldar

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was sent an email about my GPSr Cancer Pin Thread that was closed by FSM in those other forums. While I have placed the pin on hold until my current project is finished, I think I will be doing that one next. The current project is the "10 Commandments of Geocaching" coin and it is in the final stages. Once I start the pre-sale for those coins I will get back to the Cancer Pin.

maldar
ElliPirelli

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got an invite as I'm on the "list"...

I wasn't sure, wether I'm allowed to post a link in the 'green forum' geoclub.de so I just PMed the link to one there.

I'm really slow at picking up all these different things in the GS forums, for one, I think they're just to mixed up. It takes me hours to surf through all the bits I'm interested in.
This forum is much more organised and more like the geoclub. So my compliments to the Initiator.

The reason for this forum I thought might just have been that lovely thread of the Professor where he gave a view of what was going on last week. Very helpful I thought, but apparently not appreciated by some mods... For me no real reason, I'm sure I missed a lot.

May I ask in what way and why exactly RSG was punished? I thought you must commit something really horrendous to be banned...

Regards, ElliPirelli
ElliPirelli

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ fox and the hound: Great avatar you got yourself in the Blue...

Thanks to this thread I do understand it. Thank you...
kayn_os

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tooey invited me. Thanks for that I like these boards a lot more than the other ones.
Jake - Team A.I.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stumbled across it at thecachingplace.com's forums.

Seems like everytime I need to get more added to my update on my geocoin-info.net site there's always a while bunch of stuff I end up coming across. I usually get drawn into checking out the page an not getting the links all in place for my site.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.coinmatters.com Forum Index -> Tall Latte 2 Shots To Go All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Create your own free forum now!
Terms of Service Purchase Ad Removal Forum Archive Report Abuse