Design software..? www.coinmatters.com
Your coin discussion place.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
  GamesGames   

Design software..?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.coinmatters.com Forum Index -> Design talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JoenSue

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: Design software..? Reply with quote

What software do you use to design. PhotoShop and Illustrator would be our first guess. I know some folks just do hand sketches and that starts the process. Any info would be helpful!
The Wolf Pack

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have PSP photo XI What I would like to know is...How in the world do you get your project in a circular work space all I can work in is a square Confused do you work in a square and then put it in a circle? what what what......lol
fox-and-the-hound

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm working in Adobe Creative Suite Production Premium at work (yes, I am spoiled - lol) and I think 7.0.3 at home (spoiled and too lazy to load the new stuff into the home machine - lol) along with Illustrator 10.

Your artboard will always be a rectangle or square platform so what I do is start with an overly large board, let's say 2500x2500. Then I make a circle on a new layer taking up almost all of that space and work within that boundry on additional layers. I'm bringing my laptop to show how I work at Coinfest so hunt me down and I'll show you first hand if you're going Smile

One thing to remember to do regularly while you design is to zoom way out and look at the art when it's reduced to about actual size. Things that look good when you're working up close sometimes look quite awful when you back away. It helps keep you based on solid color/texture combinations. Too much is not always better. Sometimes it's just too much Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.coinmatters.com Forum Index -> Design talk All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Create your own free forum now!
Terms of Service Purchase Ad Removal Forum Archive Report Abuse