lousy caching trip www.coinmatters.com
Your coin discussion place.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
  GamesGames   

lousy caching trip

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.coinmatters.com Forum Index -> Tall Latte 2 Shots To Go
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paganfrog

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:22 pm    Post subject: lousy caching trip Reply with quote

today has been dreadful for me. id been planning a day out to hit 2 or 3 caches for a while now, but it was going to be a local excursion. last night i saw a mr jiffy coin had been placed about 90 miles away. it was a bit of a long trip just for 3 caches but i thought i wont get the chance with a mr jiffy coin/cointest as close as this to me again so i decided to hit the road today for it.
my husband, son and myself all pile into the car and hit the road. the cache with mr jiffy in was to be my second cache out of the three. we get to the first cache and i barely got out of the car the search when my son came out with his travel sickness. by the time i had cleaned him up and calmed him down and cleanned his seat up as best i could, i only had time to find the cache i was at, cos the road trip is a two hour journey each way.

i only got to do one cache, which made it a wasted journey and i missed out on the chance to find the mr jiffy coin and now im sitting here all moody because of it.

but....

when we finally got home, i found a package waiting for me in my mail slot.
it was the forest cache frog coin i won from tooeys cointest here.
that kind of made up for the crappy day Mr. Green

thanks tooey.
ThePetersTrio

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw I hope your son is feeling better.

Sometimes life gets in the way of caching. But that's just a reminder for us to enjoy the heck out of it when we actually get the chance! Wink

I was a little bummed last weekend. We did this steep incline hike to a cache on a trail in the Columbia River Gorge area. Both my husband and I have been recovering from injuries - his shoulder, my back - and we get to the part where we have to go off trail for the last 100 feet and the terraine is really steep, slippery and rocky and we both look at each other - thinking about winding up with a twisted ankle just before our vacation - and we decide it just wasn't worth the risk. So we are standing there huffing and puffing and sweating and we don't even get the cache!

Boy I pouted on the hike back down, let me tell you! Sad But we still had a great day of caching so I'm trying not to think about that one little bad part.... Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.coinmatters.com Forum Index -> Tall Latte 2 Shots To Go All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Create your own free forum now!
Terms of Service Purchase Ad Removal Forum Archive Report Abuse