Memberlist www.coinmatters.com
Your coin discussion place.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
  GamesGames   

Memberlist
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.coinmatters.com Forum Index -> Tall Latte 2 Shots To Go
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tsunrisebey

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:11 pm    Post subject: Memberlist Reply with quote

Is it possible to get removed from the memberlist? If so, how?

Thanks.
Administrator1
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Memberlist Reply with quote

tsunrisebey wrote:
Is it possible to get removed from the memberlist? If so, how?

Thanks.

An email request to me Sad but I do hope you are not going to leave us when we are only just getting started.
MustangJoni

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do we email you? I'd like to be removed also.
Administrator1
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MustangJoni wrote:
How do we email you? I'd like to be removed also.

Below each post are links to the posters profile and then, if included during the registration process, additional links for PMs and Emails. So you should find the link to email me below this message. But I'm hoping you will reconsider Crying or Very sad

I've already put my hands up - I messed up - I apologize, I will try not to again. This is a learning curve. If you decide to leave at the first hurdle - all I can say is .................. well I haven't much to say about it, except I imagine you are more tenacious when it comes to looking for caches Laughing
Mousekakat

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steph and Joni,

Don't go.

We put up with more censure and crap and restrictions at the other joint and we all still hang around there.

I adore you two and don't want to see ya take off over the first snafu, can't we give it a little time please?

Purdy please? That's not the type of end that I like seeing...

This, however... Wink

Naomi... hoping that bribery works...and in case one wasn't enough...

geo.error

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a very new forum, so it is difficult to run that.

It is true it was better when only the post was removed but we all make beginners mistake.

So give this administrator a change. Wink

Think at your own beginners mistake and let go on with this great forum Smile
tsunrisebey

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mousekakat wrote:
Steph and Joni,

Don't go.

We put up with more censure and crap and restrictions at the other joint and we all still hang around there.

I adore you two and don't want to see ya take off over the first snafu, can't we give it a little time please?

Purdy please? That's not the type of end that I like seeing...

This, however... Wink

Naomi... hoping that bribery works...and in case one wasn't enough...

Twisted Evil Shocked Twisted Evil

I was just PO'd at first but have since cooled my jets. I had a nice conversation with admin. and mentioned that I didn't agree with the thread removal for at least 1 of the 2 removed. Personally I have been an idiot my fair share and have posted stuff I maybe regretted later but I dealt with it. Just because you post something and later regret it doesn't mean that that thread/posts can't be learned from or the information posted by others isn't useful to others that may be lurking but don't want to speak up. It's a bit disrespectful, IMHO, to erase a thread where people took the time to try and help answer someone else's question. You have a community of posters with some probably wondering/feeling the same way so just beause you regret what you wrote doesn't mean that the majority of it shouldn't stay put for the benefit of others. Of course I have no porblems with a personal attack post on a specific memeber being removed if needed.

When I saw 2 threads removed, it was showing me that this forum was possibly going the way of thread removal at the whim of anyone who wanted theirs removed. I didn't agree with that but I've been told that isn't going to be happening on a regular basis anymore.

Let me add one more thing while I'm here, lol. If you are going to write something than you should be adult enough to deal with the ramifications of your thread. I haven't seen anything that bad here (minus the Jeremy thing but that was more just bad taste). If you screw up, change your mind, or whatever; say you're sorry or you lost your head for a bit and then move on. Most of us don't hold grudges or are pretty forgiving and in a day or two have completely forgot what took place or who said what. Growing pains....

Here is an example: I got PO'd the other day when the threads were removed, I didn't agree with that. My first reaction was kneejerk, I didn't want to be a part of a forum that was going to be censored like that. It was a hasty decision on my part and I know better than to be so short-sighted. Thanksfully the admin (God bless her, didn't hand me my hat and tell me 'don't let the door hit ya on the way out'). There.... how easy was that? We're all human but some of us let everyone see our mistakes and hopefully they learn from it too.

Ok, back to the stuff I need to get done Smile later... feel free to post more pics like those Smile
Mousekakat

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How are these?

RedShoesGirl

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mousekakat wrote:
How are these?

holy cow — boy. now girls, ladies, women, how would we be feelin' if the boys, men, guys, were posting T&A photos. they would be nailed to a fence and barbecued a dente.

having covered many a rodeo and shot many a guy model ( and women - but they are not nearly as fun ), i can certainly understand the aesthetic appeal of such pieces of Art.

speaking of which, the first one, behind the chutes, ah yes, the joys of journalism - have done this shot many times - for the newspaper of course.

back to work on this holiday when everyone is out having fun.

rsg
BVnLJ

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rsg... I don't understand your post. Clearly these pictures are showing the latest in cowboy denim wear Razz Razz
geocachingdragon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clearly you can see going off topic here is not a problem.
Mousekakat

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

geocachingdragon wrote:
Clearly you can see going off topic here is not a problem.

Thankfully!

In the interest of RSG's point about keeping things fair...

Now, that should have made things a bit more fair!

Smile

Naomi.... Who is now done with this topic, hehe!
E&Cplus3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Naomi!

I was planning on posting something for the guys, but I typed 'cowgirl' into a search engine and got something a LOT more risque than I was looking for! Wink

After that I lost my train of thought for awhile.
ElliPirelli

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prairie Rose Henderson?

Found her in the cowgirl hall of fame.

Clearly I'm using the wrong search engine.... Twisted Evil
geocachingdragon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks For the equal time with the cowgirls. Dallas cowboy cheerleaders was my favorite poster in my room 30 some years ago along with Farrah Fawcett. Shocked Now we are really off topic. Good thing this is the off topic section.
bikermel76

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm thanks for even-ing up the non-PC nature of the thread...I think :S

Maybe I should delete it for being non-PC Wink Only joking...I decided I was far to English to 'moderate' the forum when everyone was OK with the term asshat... Confused
ElliPirelli

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bikermel76 wrote:
...when everyone was OK with the term asshat... Confused

Now you said a dirty word, go wash your mouth with soap! Twisted Evil

My friends daughter went into a playschool in Johannesburg/South Africa and when the kids said something nasty, they really had their mouth washed with soap.
Me being very German about it, didn't take that saying serious, ever! Shows me...

[irony]By the way: What is an asshat?[/irony] Laughing
bikermel76

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElliPirelli wrote:
My friends daughter went into a playschool in Johannesburg/South Africa and when the kids said something nasty, they really had their mouth washed with soap.

I did ONCE at primary school! Shocked I was never rude again! They would never get away with it these days! (in the UK at least)

Last edited by bikermel76 on Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Mousekakat

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*whining voice* maaaaaannnnnnnn!

When I was about 10 or 11, I WROTE... IN THE DIRT.... the 'f' word, but I left out a letter.

My dad caught me and took me to the bathroom and rubbed my toothbrush all over a bar of soap and made me brush my teeth with it.

BLECH!!!

Today's kids are spoiled, I tell ya. A little fear of corporal punishment and then the punishment that comes from mom and dad getting ahold of ya after school when they hear about it goes a LONG, LONG way Wink

Naomi
ElliPirelli

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bikermel76 wrote:
They would never get away with it these days! (in the UK at least)

Not only there..... Laughing

Mousekakat wrote:
Today's kids are spoiled, I tell ya. A little fear of corporal punishment and then the punishment that comes from mom and dad getting ahold of ya after school when they hear about it goes a LONG, LONG way Wink

It's even worse:
My daughter started last year at secondary school. Her English teacher has this rule, if you didn't bring your homework, you have to write it twice. Next day, if you still didn't bring your homework, you have to do it 4 times, next time 8 times.
I thought that a brilliant punishment for not doing the homework. And what's the harm in writing those English words twice?
But no, the incensed parents called for a parent/teacher meeting, complaining about this horrible teacher...

Complain if you like about unrespectful children, but it all comes from the home... Rolling Eyes

Regards, ElliPirelli
who is 'horribly' strict with her children... But still they are lippy... Evil or Very Mad
Mousekakat

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Sweden it's not only illegal to hit a child in any way - whether it be a swat or a full out spanking, it's also illegal to THREATEN them with punishment!

*sighs*
ElliPirelli

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mousekakat wrote:
In Sweden it's not only illegal to hit a child in any way - whether it be a swat or a full out spanking, it's also illegal to THREATEN them with punishment!

*sighs*

So what about the stories of Astrid Lindgren? Her 'Michel of Lönneberga' or I think in Swedish he's called Emil, he escaped into the shed and whittled all his figurines... Very Happy
I always loved that the father locked the shed from the outside, but also Michel locked from the inside, so his father couldn't get him... Laughing
fox-and-the-hound

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mousekakat wrote:

*sighs*

That's awful! How on earth is a child going to learn that there are real-life consequences later in life when they've never learned the negative consequences at home?
tsunrisebey

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mousekakat wrote:

*sighs*

Wow, wish I lived in Sweden when I was a kid, lol. I can remember some wooden spoons, willow twigs and a pancake turner, kinda hard to believe my arse isn't flat. LMAO!

Really though, that is very surprising. I needed a spanking here and there but don't tell my parents I ever admitted that Wink
Mousekakat

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mom liked paint stirrers that you got free from the hardware store and those paddle balls with the little red ball that was attached with elastic... she'd buy us those and wait for us to break the elastic and then she'd take the paddle for her own insidious uses...

The belt reigned supreme in our house, though!

Wink

Naomi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.coinmatters.com Forum Index -> Tall Latte 2 Shots To Go All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Create your own free forum now!
Terms of Service Purchase Ad Removal Forum Archive Report Abuse