Coins for sale on ebay...... www.coinmatters.com
Your coin discussion place.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
  GamesGames   

Coins for sale on ebay......

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.coinmatters.com Forum Index -> Tall Latte 2 Shots To Go
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tooey

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:47 am    Post subject: Coins for sale on ebay...... Reply with quote

Someone auctions a rare (no idea if it is) hard to find coin (probably), however - the twist - it seems this particular coin - Coinfusion - is a joint personal coin and stamped on the edge of the coin is a request that it not be sold. Someone posted a link to the auction at the gc forum, which naturally got edited out. I thought it very interesting that this auction only attracted two bids and the coin sold for $6.49, far less than the owner anticipated I'll warrant.

Second interesting auction this week, a Garmin coin - given away freely in the UK at participating Blacks & Millets Stores, hasn't finished yet, 4 more days to go, as yet not one bid. Are coiners voting with their fingers and walking away from sales that could be seen as controversial?
bikermel76

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"coin"troversial surely....

...sorry, I'll get my coat!

I doubt it...if people want coins they'll get them, maybe they just didn't spot them, or people have been successful in just 'asking' for Garmin coins, or maybe just they don't want to spend £10 on something they know the person got for free...

Personally schnarff & I managed to get hold of 9 Garmin coins, we have given away 3 of the spares already. (And yes GIVEN away, not traded!_
paganfrog

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive been reading all the garmin coin discussions. i do think that garmin have made a complete cock up of the whole promotion. if they were hoping to use this campaign to advertise their equipment, then they should have advised the blacks and millets managers to also advise their staff and provide proper imfomation to all the participating shops.

as for the coins , my husbands, and my own opinions on reading the rules is that you manage to get a coin its yours to do whatever you want with it, but if you want to enter the competition, then the coin is the "entry key".
those people that spout that you must set the coin traveling, just dont seem to understand the rules properly.

so yes, as much as i am very envious to all those that have managed to get the coins they wanted, either to keep or to play the competition, that ebay seller got the coin which means he can do what he wants with it, providing he got hold of the coin legit and hasnt stolen an activated coin.

i dont see why its bad this guy is selling his coin, when i think i have seen people being gifted spare coins but then trading them, in my opinion selling or trading these coins equates to the same thing.

i say good luck to the seller, hes showing the first bit of honest and open initiative.

im still after some of these coins myself, but i doubt i will manage this as i dont have connections with the "geo mafia"
Rolling Eyes

anyway thats my 2 copper bits
bikermel76

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garmin have achieved what they wanted to do. They know Caching, and know these coins were likely to be prized by Cahcers, and that muggles, were they to get hold of any, were likely to have no idea about them.

I have asked several muggles to try to get hold of coins for me (especially when the Big Ben was only released in selected stores) Thus I have had to explain the sport to several people. Perhaps one or two of them will take up Geocaching. Perhaps one will buy a Garmin GPS. We're all talking about it...

If Garmin wanted anything more than a quick flurry a) they wouldn't have let people 'own' the coins (like Diabetes bugs/ coins or Jeeps) b) the promotion would run for more than a few months!!!

My tuppence Very Happy
bikermel76

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:50 am    Post subject: Visit garmin UK pics Reply with quote

All shamelesly stolen (the images, not the coins Very Happy)

paganfrog

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bikermel76 wrote:
Garmin have achieved what they wanted to do. They know Caching, and know these coins were likely to be prized by Cahcers, and that muggles, were they to get hold of any, were likely to have no idea about them.
Very Happy

this is exactly what i was meaning. garmin was the main business behind this promotion, and yes it is their business to know about geocaching. what they failed to do, as this promotion leader, was to instruct the other associates ( blacks and millets stores) as to what part they play in this. geocachers know all the ins and outs of geocaching and the equipment used. the general public do not. from what i have read from the discussions is a large amount of the supposed participating shops, had no idea what the heck was going on, stores did not know anything about the promotion, who was doing it when stuff was coming in, or even what a GPS system was.
this in my opinion was a total farce. so if the staff in a millets didnt even know what a gps system was, how on earth are they meant to give info to a member of the public asking about a small leaflet leaflet laying by the tills, or wanting to buy a gps sytem and only getting a blank look in return?

i cant see garmin getting too much of a gain from this as most of the people in the know about this are already geacachers/hikers.
paganfrog

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Visit garmin UK pics Reply with quote

bikermel76 wrote:
All shamelesly stolen (the images, not the coins Very Happy)

ahhhh im so envious of alot of people right now. Confused

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.coinmatters.com Forum Index -> Tall Latte 2 Shots To Go All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Create your own free forum now!
Terms of Service Purchase Ad Removal Forum Archive Report Abuse