mods editing logs? www.coinmatters.com
Your coin discussion place.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
  GamesGames   

mods editing logs?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.coinmatters.com Forum Index -> Tall Latte 2 Shots To Go
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedShoesGirl

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:26 pm    Post subject: mods editing logs? Reply with quote

can a moderator edit an online log. for example, if i log a cache, can a mod come along and edit that log?

just curious. i asked that question on the regular blue forum, but so far no answer.

rsg
Tooey

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if that would be possible or not, I guess anything is possible, but whether it would be done or not I've no idea. A log can be deleted by the cache owner, but I don't think it can be edited.

Why - has one of your cache logs changed in any way?
Professor Grumbledor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There you have it (over at big blue), an explanation by Eartha. The log was edited because the finder had posted the tracking number of the coin they had found.

A classic example of bad communication for you, too much information or too little information can cause problems - sometimes it can be difficult to get the balance right, if only the newbs would do a bit more research and the old hands give clearer information where it is needed.

No drama here, move on.
ElliPirelli

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a newby logging my tracking number as well.
But I wrote to him and asked him to remove it.

A needs maintenance log I had to delete once, cause someone posted a picture of the cache. Total spoiler as the fishing thread was clearly visible on which the micro can be lifted...

I wasn't aware, that mods can edit logs! That seems to be very strange... Shocked

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.coinmatters.com Forum Index -> Tall Latte 2 Shots To Go All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Create your own free forum now!
Terms of Service Purchase Ad Removal Forum Archive Report Abuse