eartha is at it again! www.coinmatters.com
Your coin discussion place.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
  GamesGames   

eartha is at it again!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.coinmatters.com Forum Index -> Tall Latte 2 Shots To Go
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fox-and-the-hound

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MustangJoni wrote:
Here is his exact wording:

"Price, you might ask? It could vary very-very much, mostly it would depend on the complexity. The above engraving took about 4 hours. Much simpler/faster styles could be used, check my blog to see different tries.

So let's say coin with 1 inch diameter and both sides engraved could run from $15USD to... well, no upper limit really."

Yes, I know. He's asking if the price is acceptable. His whole post is an inquiry into whether people would be interested in a coin at that price. He's not selling anything at the time of the inquiry. Just seeing if there is serious interest at the price he could do it. Just like all the rest of us who've done something new and asked if people would be interested at the price we had in mind. Smile
RedShoesGirl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Team Shydog wrote:
RedShoesGirl wrote:

kealia - also known as Flying Spaghetti Monster
like when that doofus cav scout
we are not children.
rsg

The quotes I have picked from your last post sure do sound childish to me. Tattling and name calling is something that goes on in grade school.

Chris-Team Shydog

tattling? sorry, that one escapes me.

and yep, i called cav scout a doofus. childish, my bad. notice i didn't do it OVER THERE.

see, i can be told it's childish and it's ok because it came from a forum member. sorry, it won't happen again.

self-moderation works best.

secrecy is the enemy of truth.

lara
RedShoesGirl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mousekakat wrote:

Elli, even you see that there is a problem with how RSG posts and reacts to things, as I've highlighted above. RSG herself has admitted that she is goading the mods and pushing because she doesn't agree with how she has been treated....

hold on .that is not right.

i don't goad the mods because of the way i have been treated. i don't goad just to be ornery.

i don't consider it goading to point out inequities in the way we are ALL treated. it is not goading when i point out the mods have made a mistake. it is not goading to point out they are being heavy-handed.

those are not childish actions.

each time i post it is with the intent to show others the mods are not acting in your best interests but are acting from abuse of power.

so let's make that perfectly clear. i don't really care how they treat me. that is a foregone conclusion. but hopefully each time i am banned or had my hand slapped for saying something they didn't agree with, it makes their actions that much more obvious.

if everyone is willing to live with that, then that's ok with me.

as i said before i am tired of fighting the good fight by myself except for those that agree with me either here, or in private.

this is a small world. but if you put up with abuse of power even on such a small level as the forums, then some day it is going to come back and bite you in the rear-end.

hey folks, to me this is funny. every time fsm or eartha get going or stick their foot into a topic to "moderate" i just laugh.

i can't see why it is such a hard job to be a moderator? i keep hearing that it is such an awful task, a thankless job. oh my, they have to moderate a forum! sounds like they are shoveling poop.

they get nothing out of it but a coin once in a while? then if it is so odious, why do it?

because it is power - power for those who probably don't have any in their real life.

and you can bet, if FSM is an unpleasant person on the forum, he is that way in the real life.

and now ladies and gents, i gotta get to work!

rsg
RedShoesGirl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i do want to say, let's not turn this into an argument about me, ok? let's keep it about problems in the other place. i do appreciate the support!

lara
geocachingdragon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSG
Quote:
as i said before i am tired of fighting the good fight by myself except for those that agree with me either here, or in private.

Hey RSG there was a lot of support shown for you in the other forum when you started the christmas ornimant coin topic . And were slapped around And i know foxand hound also stood up for you on this suspention over there that it was closed with out reason. You might be more effective in your fight for freedom of all if you put the uzi 's down and go with a more ghandi style of protest. ( not so much guns a blazing take no prisoners.. If you go in knowing you are getting the boot then maybe you can say it in a less agressive way and still get your point across.) Less stress may be better for your heart.
The Moop Along

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedShoesGirl wrote:

and you can bet, if FSM is an unpleasant person on the forum, he is that way in the real life.

It's shocking that you can make that statement. See, FSM is quite a pleasant person, and very fun to hang around with. He smiles, he's easy to talk to, and he might even buy you a drink. It turns out if you don't take potshots at mods, they're really quite nice.

See, what many people don't realize is that the actual people behind forum names are very rarely the same way in person. Most of the people use "keyboard gusto". They're very opinionated and brave when no one is standing in front of them. In person, we're all just folks that are dumb enough to go find tupperware in the woods.

FWIW, Cav Scout is quite nice in person, and fun to cache with. So is his brother. Just so you know.

TMA
RedShoesGirl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

geocachingdragon wrote:
RSG
Quote:

Hey RSG there was a lot of support shown for you in the other forum when you started the christmas ornimant coin topic . And were slapped around And i know foxand hound also stood up for you on this suspention over there that it was closed with out reason. You might be more effective in your fight for freedom of all if you put the uzi 's down and go with a more ghandi style of protest. ( not so much guns a blazing take no prisoners.. If you go in knowing you are getting the boot then maybe you can say it in a less agressive way and still get your point across.) Less stress may be better for your heart.

you are absolutely right! putting down the uzis even as we speak.

lara
RedShoesGirl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Moop Along wrote:
...FWIW, Cav Scout is quite nice in person, and fun to cache with. So is his brother. Just so you know.

TMA

since we don't know him in person, but only through his numerous run-ins with caching folks, my opinion stands.

rsg
ElliPirelli

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Moop Along wrote:
FWIW, Cav Scout is quite nice in person, and fun to cache with. So is his brother. Just so you know.

TMA

I have no idea, what FWIW stands for, but he can be as nice in person as he likes, if he behaves like he did in the Santa mission, I'm not happy with that, and I would tell him in his face, if I had the chance.

But that people are different at the keyboard, that I believe.

Had the case just before christmas, that someone I've met several times and got along well with, has a mystery cache right in front of his door. I knew this and as the cache was a micro I left two TBs in his mailbox, for him to log out and help along. I got a very cranky email as thanks where he was very unusual mad at me. Same happens, when he gets in our local forum. We literally all know each other there, as we all have met on some of the events, so it is quite familiar there and usually fun. But he gets cranky every time, which he never is in person. Very strange...

To the matter of mod being a hard job. They volunteer to be a mod. The hardest work for them in my eyes is, that they have to read every posting. That must be very time consuming, and for that I respect them. But for closing threads, because it's a non trackable being discussed? What about the mystery coins? Those threads are not closed, are they?

But if RSG puts down the guns, it would certainly be a good idea. To be honest, I can't imagine her keeping her mouth shut, but maybe just do it a bit more politely.
You know, what they say:
Don't argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and than beat you with experience... Wink
The Moop Along

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW = For What it's worth

This is proving my point to a tee, and I'm certainly happy to be part of the cast this week. All the drama, and this thread is hopping. This board is full of posters. For just one thread. And if ya'll could have seen the spiteful email I just received cuz of it, you'd be even more pleased Cool

I guess I have to apologize for taking a caching trip with Cav Scout and enjoying it. My bad.

TMA
RedShoesGirl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Moop Along wrote:

This is proving my point to a tee, and I'm certainly happy to be part of the cast this week. All the drama, and this thread is hopping. This board is full of posters. For just one thread. And if ya'll could have seen the spiteful email I just received cuz of it, you'd be even more pleased Cool

I guess I have to apologize for taking a caching trip with Cav Scout and enjoying it. My bad.

TMA

i have an idea, instead of saying you received a spiteful email, how about just posting it. i don't mind. Smile

rsg
The Moop Along

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope. Cuz then I'd be no different from the people I'm trying to calm down Wink

Good try though.
Cheesy Pigs

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I have discovered is that even the most obnoxious poster is human, and has human feelings, and you can find common ground with everyone once you dig deep enough or allow yourself to feel some empathy or let go of the angst.

The Moop Along wrote:

TMA

I could send you a spiteful email if you like? I dont think i've been trying hard enough Twisted Evil
geocachingdragon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you ever watched the news and they talk to the neighbor of some psycho axe murder and they say oh he seemed like such a nice quiet young man.
ElliPirelli

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

geocachingdragon wrote:
Have you ever watched the news and they talk to the neighbor of some psycho axe murder and they say oh he seemed like such a nice quiet young man.

Laughing Laughing Laughing That's a good one!
geo.error

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are not alone rsg.

What made me most angry when i get a email, is not the email from the mod.
[they are doing that terrible job]

But that most of the time stand in the mail, that the mods get complain mails about me.

So if i do something what coiners don't like they complain to the mods and the mod most send me a e-mail to tell me what i did wrong.

That 's make me angry but i put it away and go on.

Not good for my heart. Wink

So rsg.you get a big hug from me .

And i like this FORUM very much, not because of the soap [ i watch that at tv] but because off the RESPECT.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ElliPirelli

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm shocked! Shocked
Who would complain about you, geo.error?
What did you ever do to complain about?

All your lovely pictures in the postings?

This is ridiculous! Rolling Eyes

And I don't watch soap, I have no TV, but I use it to wash my hands.... Laughing
MustangJoni

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with ElliPirelli!

Your posts always put a smile on my face Geo Error!
geo.error

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElliPirelli wrote:
I'm shocked! Shocked
Who would complain about you, geo.error?
What did you ever do to complain about?

All your lovely pictures in the postings?

This is ridiculous! Rolling Eyes

And I don't watch soap, I have no TV, but I use it to wash my hands.... Laughing

I love when you make fun at me Laughing Laughing Laughing

But i do things........ Smile

I think i am much to enthusiastic for some coiners.

i think you were at holiday....when i brought some error trouble at the gc forum.

i hope you are now not in a big shock. Crying or Very sad Laughing Laughing
geo.error

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MustangJoni wrote:
I have to agree with ElliPirelli!

Your posts always put a smile on my face Geo Error!

Thanks MustangJoni for the compliment.

I am glad you are back in this forum..that sure has give me a smile from ear to ear.
MustangJoni

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Folks, it comes down to this:

If we want to discuss with Groundspeak some of the issues that we aren't happy about, like closing threads, etc. We need to do it in a more constructive manner. If you see a thread closed and you don't agree, PM the mod and ask them exactly why it was closed. If you don't agree, you can let them know without accusing them of being "heavy handed." You can also write Groundspeak and explain your objection.

Beating up on their VOLUNTEERS is not going to help. In fact it is counter productive. I can really see Groundspeak coming back with "No discussion of any non-trackable items at all!" - We don't want that!

And yes, Kelia and his wife, Hula Bum are lovely people in person.
geo.error

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MustangJoni wrote:

If we want to discuss with Groundspeak some of the issues that we aren't happy about, like closing threads, etc. We need to do it in a more constructive manner. If you see a thread closed and you don't agree, PM the mod and ask them exactly why it was closed. If you don't agree, you can let them know without accusing them of being "heavy handed." You can also write Groundspeak and explain your objection.

Beating up on their VOLUNTEERS is not going to help. In fact it is counter productive. I can really see Groundspeak coming back with "No discussion of any non-trackable items at all!" - We don't want that!

And yes, Kelia and his wife, Hula Bum are lovely people in person.

And maybe not telling who the mods are..let them have there privacy.

Name calling is not always good or the person most be in the discussion.

Respect and privacy that are good things. Very Happy
fox-and-the-hound

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MustangJoni wrote:

Unfortunately, it's been done and the results have been less than satisfactory. It bothers me less that they can be heavy handed than the fact that hypocrisy seems to rule the day. I've been quoted rules and words from management about how things should be handled, but then continue to see blatant disregard for the rules when rule-breaking (but highly favored) threads are pointed out. We're asked to follow the rules, but we're asked to look the other way when Mods do not. We're told to give respect while watching cachers being treated disrespectfully.

As for no discussion of non-trackable items? It's already happened and getting worse all the time. Notice how they tossed out all the personal signature item and poker chip threads (for not being geocoins apparently)? Notice how they tossed out all the PathTag threads (for being trackable elsewhere they said even though they know full well they're not really trackable in caches)? Oddly enough, the wooden nickel thread still hangs around offering up all manner of sigs that are both trackable elsewhere and not geocoins even though the other threads were tossed for those reasons. Explain that one to me someone, please.

In their defense (the mods, not groundspeak), I'm told they were given the order to kill or move those threads. It still doesn't explain why the nickel thread scoots along unscathed though. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the nickels and quite enjoy them. I just don't see why what's good for the goose is apparently not appied to the gander.
RedShoesGirl

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

geo.error wrote:
And maybe not telling who the mods are..let them have there privacy.

Name calling is not always good or the person most be in the discussion.

Respect and privacy that are good things. Very Happy

respect must be a two-way street. i automatically have respect for everyone, untill their actions determine otherwise.

privacy as far as mods go: by using two account, FSM/kealia can say what he wants as kealia - in a nasty and disrepectful way - and as moderator, can look the other way.

secrecy is the enemy of the truth. think about this. everything that is supposed to be secret in the world, has to do with keeping the truth from someone else.

the geocaching forum is a microcosm of the "real" world.

thank you all for being such good friends. thank you fox/hound for speaking the truth in such an articulate manner.

i explained to a GS higher-up that eartha's original closing of the post was not in line with the rules. but it didn't matter.

if one takes the time to write the powers that be and their standard answer is "we love our mods and they are doing a greata job" - no matter how you have proven otherwise - well, it shows that there is NO respect for the general membership.

rsg
geo.error

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The whole geocaching world is a big secret we all have nick names.

But what i want to say write emails at there mod names and not at there geocaching names.

I sure don't want to know what geocaching names they have.....

Let them have a private life.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.coinmatters.com Forum Index -> Tall Latte 2 Shots To Go All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Create your own free forum now!
Terms of Service Purchase Ad Removal Forum Archive Report Abuse