Do you have Pathtags too? www.coinmatters.com
Your coin discussion place.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
  GamesGames   

Do you have Pathtags too?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThePetersTrio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:29 am    Post subject: Do you have Pathtags too? Reply with quote

I tried to start a thread at Groundspeak a while back that was deleted about Pathtags vs. coins.

I am curious as to people's experiences with Pathtags. I love looking at the gallery and it seems like there is a lot more freedom allowed (or taken) with regard to copyright images/logos etc.

I've just ordered some trolley tags to use as signature items but am also thinking about making some pathtags to match my new coin too. I'm not sure how much I want to trade though.

I do notice that some pathtags sell for pretty good prices on that e-place. Although it doesn't seem right that they are listed with geocoins, does it? I mean, shouldn't Pathtags have it's own section there?

Ok...that's what I have to say about Pathtags now it's your turn. Very Happy
grodan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have got my pathtag made and waiting for then to arrive this week hopefully.
It is a match to my grodan coin using the same design. I got a couple of pathtags with some trades and missions and got curious, many of those are very nice.

grodan Karin
BRoKeNW

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a personal pathtag yet, but I currently have 8 different pathtags in my collection. I think pathtags will be a new addiction for me soon. I'm actually working on a design for a pathtag right now and hopefully soon I'll have the money to purchase a starter kit plus extras to trade Smile

My Seeking List

My Trader list
Theotokos

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've got six different designs of Pathtags and I just love them. They are a great sig item and if you like trading...well then you can really get hooked fast. There are so many great designs.

I think pathtags are a fantastic and relatively inexpensive way to get a personalized sig item.
The Wolf Pack

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are a few in my collection

PengoFamily

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trena, what pathtag is in the top left of the photo? I don't think I have seen that one before.

I just received my second pathtag (that we have made) in the mail today. I really like pathtags!! I find them so cute and much cheaper than minting your own coin. I have over 400 in my collection right now.

Hi my name is Chantal and I am a geocoin and pathtag addict. LOL
ThePetersTrio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Pathtags are pretty cool too. But I have to admit that I was sort of shocked when I saw how small they are. Laughing

If Groundspeak were smart, they'd do business with Pathtags and not try and compete against them. If the economy (at least in the states) continues to go south, I honestly think Pathtags will soon be what the masses go for. Minting coins is just too darned expensive.

Thanks for posting the pictures too - Wolf Pack. Those are really cute.
Theotokos

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PengoFamily wrote:
Trena, what pathtag is in the top left of the photo? I don't think I have seen that one before.

I just received my second pathtag (that we have made) in the mail today. I really like pathtags!! I find them so cute and much cheaper than minting your own coin. I have over 400 in my collection right now.

400!!!! Wow, that didn't take you long did it? I don't think I have a 100 yet and I believe I had 3 designs before you even had the one Smile It's such a great community over on the Pathtag site and I'm sure you've got a very nice collection put together. I'm starting to get back into trading again but slowly...
The Wolf Pack

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PengoFamily wrote:

If you are talking about the one with the little girl in the ammo box? My daughter just got that today in her mission for the kids it is from Little SEWdaugh it's so cute Smile
GPX Navigators

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThePetersTrio wrote:
I think Pathtags are pretty cool too. But I have to admit that I was sort of shocked when I saw how small they are. Laughing

If Groundspeak were smart, they'd do business with Pathtags and not try and compete against them. If the economy (at least in the states) continues to go south, I honestly think Pathtags will soon be what the masses go for. Minting coins is just too darned expensive.

Thanks for posting the pictures too - Wolf Pack. Those are really cute.

They are small but the detail on some of them is just amazing. I've got some gorgeous ones! They are a delight!

I like that they have the same price point for everyone and I agree that more & more folks will head over to Pathtag land as the price of geocoins continues to climb.

I've only been full collecting since December and I'm close to 500 now. And my kid each have their own version as well.

A very fun sig item!
lorca.nl

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love the little pathtags i think they are so sweet.
i don`t have my own pathtag yet but i hope that i got them one day....
i do have pathtags from Team Fireboy, Dorsetgal&Geodog and Tank Hounds and i love them........ Razz

Geo-Gophers

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are all lovely to see.......love the little bears and ducks!!

I love pathtags, they're so cute and we hope to have our own in the future too. At the moment I only have one in my collection - the Brae pathtag, the meaning behind this one's design is so special I think.

I keep trying to win some on the Eplace lol...... but end up missing out. Apologies for the poor quality picture of this one.

Ali Smile

geo.error

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen a crow pathtag from who is that pathtag. Rolling Eyes

I love that one. Embarassed
Tank Hounds

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We MIGHT have a pathtag or two!! lol

We just love pathtags. They are very cheap compared to coins and I love that you can get them so quickly (compared to coins).

by the way...anyone want to trade?!? LOL
PengoFamily

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geo-Gophers wrote:
These are all lovely to see.......love the little bears and ducks!!

I love pathtags, they're so cute and we hope to have our own in the future too. At the moment I only have one in my collection - the Brae pathtag, the meaning behind this one's design is so special I think.

I keep trying to win some on the Eplace lol...... but end up missing out. Apologies for the poor quality picture of this one.

Ali Smile

Send me your addy I will send you some pathtags. Very Happy
PengoFamily

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tank Hounds wrote:

We just love pathtags. They are very cheap compared to coins and I love that you can get them so quickly (compared to coins).

LOL just one or two??? Laughing Laughing
Castle Man

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a few.

The Wolf Pack

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy wow Jim I would say you do have a few Laughing Laughing

I would just like to have a couple of wolf ones...You have a full army of pathtags lol

Thats awesome!!!!
Mousekakat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geo-Gophers wrote:

That is actually one of my absolute favorite pathtags, especially with the meaning behind it!

I love the others that I have, but that one and it's meaning... just special!

Naomi Smile
Steinwälzer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a few pathtags (5 I guess...) in my collection. I got them with missions and I like them a lot. But I don't log them, just put them in my collection...

That pathtag of the moon is really beautiful!!!
ski-hike-co

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tank Hounds wrote:

she has just a FEW! Very Happy
ski-hike-co

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steinwälzer wrote:
I have a few pathtags (5 I guess...) in my collection. I got them with missions and I like them a lot. But I don't log them, just put them in my collection...

I bet the owners of the tags you have would be forever grateful if you logged them. One of my favorite things about owning pathtags is seeing where the little guys end up. I LOVE hearing the stories of where or how they found them. I am always amazed to see them show up in a state or cache I have never visited. Right now I have a bunch of logs showing up in Washington & Switzerland not sure how they got there, I suspect it's one tag bouncing from cache to cache. That's the great thing about them finders can keep them or pass them on, unlike coins it's not a huge money loss if they keep them.
The Wolf Pack

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ski-hike-co wrote:
Steinwälzer wrote:

I bet the owners of the tags you have would be forever grateful if you logged them. One of my favorite things about owning pathtags is seeing where the little guys end up. I LOVE hearing the stories of where or how they found them. I am always amazed to see them show up in a state or cache I have never visited. Right now I have a bunch of logs showing up in Washington & Switzerland not sure how they got there, I suspect it's one tag bouncing from cache to cache. That's the great thing about them finders can keep them or pass them on, unlike coins it's not a huge money loss if they keep them.

Surprised Surprised Surprised I didn't know I was suppose to log them Embarassed
Jellyfish

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wolf Pack wrote:
ski-hike-co wrote:
Steinwälzer wrote:

Surprised Surprised Surprised I didn't know I was suppose to log them Embarassed

Oh yes, please do! It's great to see where a tag ends up. You can use you home coords as the log point. Or if you find a tag in a cache, use the cache's coords as the log point.

Even after you have logged the tags, you can still move it along. Smile
The Wolf Pack

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All Logged now all 9 of them lol Hope to add more to my collection one day and even create my own Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.coinmatters.com Forum Index -> Pathtags All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Create your own free forum now!
Terms of Service Purchase Ad Removal Forum Archive Report Abuse