Turner Family Big Wild Challenge (in Fundy National Park) www.coinmatters.com
Your coin discussion place.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
  GamesGames   

Turner Family Big Wild Challenge (in Fundy National Park)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.coinmatters.com Forum Index -> Tall Latte 2 Shots To Go
View previous topic :: View next topic  
E&Cplus3

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:36 pm    Post subject: Turner Family Big Wild Challenge (in Fundy National Park) Reply with quote

Hi everyone. My wife and I have decided to attempt to find all five traditional caches in Fundy National Park and earn our EcoIntegrity geocoin. To make it even more challenging, we are taking our three children aged 3, 2 and 4 months along with us -- as if we would leave them behind!! Our campsite is reserved for the August long weekend (Aug 2 - 4).

The five caches are:
GC1B6CC - Back from the brink / Tiré du gouffre
GC1B6CH - Gliders of the Night / Planeurs de la nuit
GC1B6CM - Master Forester / Maître forestier
GC1B6CZ - Beauty and the Beech / Hêtre ou ne pas être
GC1B6D3 - Salmon Saga / La Saga du Saumon
( I will be doing the longest hikes solo )

We have also decided to dedicate our family challenge to The Big Wild and make it a BIG WILD CHALLENGE. You can find out more information on the Big Wild Challenge at thebigwild.org.

Please check out our Big Wild Challenge Page.

Our goal is to raise $200 through pledges and donate this to The Big Wild.
If you would like to pledge us, please send an email to:

bigwildturners@gmail.com

Please include in your email:

Your name:
Geocaching name:
Address:
Amount pledged:
PayPal email:

If you live close enough to meet me in person (Halifax, Nova Scotia or surrounding area), I will accept cash or cheque. Please indicate in your email that this is the method you would prefer and let me know when and where you would like to meet.

If you wish to pay via PayPal, I will invoice you once we have completed the challenge. I will pay the PayPal fees myself, so your entire pledge amount will go to The Big Wild. All donations to The Big Wild are administered by Tides Canada, a national public foundation dedicated to helping people invest wisely in innovative charitable initiatives focused on environmental and social justice issues.

You can also donate directly from our challenge page and receive a tax receipt from Tides Canada (I do not know if non-Canadian citizens will be able to make use of this tax receipt).

All donor information is confidential.

Finally, if anyone would like to JOIN US at Fundy National Park and participate, just send me an email. We'd love the company!

Cheers,
Chuck, Esther, Jonathan, Anika, and Patrick Turner (E&Cplus3)
The Wolf Pack

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Turner Family Big Wild Challenge (in Fundy National Park Reply with quote

E&Cplus3 wrote:
Hi everyone. My wife and I have decided to attempt to find all five traditional caches in Fundy National Park and earn our EcoIntegrity geocoin. To make it even more challenging, we are taking our three children aged 3, 2 and 4 months along with us -- as if we would leave them behind!! Our campsite is reserved for the August long weekend (Aug 2 - 4).

The five caches are:
GC1B6CC - Back from the brink / Tiré du gouffre
GC1B6CH - Gliders of the Night / Planeurs de la nuit
GC1B6CM - Master Forester / Maître forestier
GC1B6CZ - Beauty and the Beech / Hêtre ou ne pas être
GC1B6D3 - Salmon Saga / La Saga du Saumon
( I will be doing the longest hikes solo )

We have also decided to dedicate our family challenge to The Big Wild and make it a BIG WILD CHALLENGE. You can find out more information on the Big Wild Challenge at thebigwild.org.

Please check out our Big Wild Challenge Page.

Our goal is to raise $200 through pledges and donate this to The Big Wild.
If you would like to pledge us, please send an email to:

bigwildturners@gmail.com

Please include in your email:

Your name:
Geocaching name:
Address:
Amount pledged:
PayPal email:

If you live close enough to meet me in person (Halifax, Nova Scotia or surrounding area), I will accept cash or cheque. Please indicate in your email that this is the method you would prefer and let me know when and where you would like to meet.

If you wish to pay via PayPal, I will invoice you once we have completed the challenge. I will pay the PayPal fees myself, so your entire pledge amount will go to The Big Wild. All donations to The Big Wild are administered by Tides Canada, a national public foundation dedicated to helping people invest wisely in innovative charitable initiatives focused on environmental and social justice issues.

You can also donate directly from our challenge page and receive a tax receipt from Tides Canada (I do not know if non-Canadian citizens will be able to make use of this tax receipt).

All donor information is confidential.

Finally, if anyone would like to JOIN US at Fundy National Park and participate, just send me an email. We'd love the company!

Cheers,
Chuck, Esther, Jonathan, Anika, and Patrick Turner (E&Cplus3)

Good Luck chuck hope you find all the caches and raise alot of money...

I am sorry I can not help at this time my maternity benifits ran out I start back to work next week and got till the end of the month with no income Crying or Very sad Oh how I wish I didn't have to go back to work....Sobey's gets on my nerves lol Well not so much as the people I work with lol

Have a great family adventure Smile
E&Cplus3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well we didn't raise any money for The Big Wild, but we had a fun time anyway! I ended up doing 2 of the 5 caches solo as the trails were just too rough for any sort of a stroller. On the 11km trek, I even had to ford a river!

The kids had a great time camping, and 3-year old Jonathan kept asking to hunt for more geocaches!

I'll post pics when I download them from the camera.
The Wolf Pack

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Chuck awesome job hope you had alot of fun Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.coinmatters.com Forum Index -> Tall Latte 2 Shots To Go All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Create your own free forum now!
Terms of Service Purchase Ad Removal Forum Archive Report Abuse