Designers/Vendors who are great to work with www.coinmatters.com
Your coin discussion place.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
  GamesGames   

Designers/Vendors who are great to work with
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.coinmatters.com Forum Index -> Design talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Smort78

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very nice coin.
Sorry to hear about your/your daughters loss Sad
Theotokos

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've designed a number of coins and pathtags so far and are having a lot of fun with it. There are 5 more geocoins in various stages of production right now and we can't wait to see how they are received.

Along the way we've also had a lot of great advice and encouragement from the masters like Tsun, Mackey, MustangJoni... I'm hoping that people will enjoy the geocoins that come out as much as we do.

So far, we've done all our work with CH Quality Coins. Tom has been fantastic and real easy to work with. I really appreciate everything he has done in helping me get our designs off the ground. I've thought maybe we should try another vendor too but so far.... I just can't think of a good reason to do that.
sweetlife

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had our first coin made by Rusty at personal geocoins, I'm not gonna lie he was a couple of bucks more, but the service we received was well worth it, we had our coins hand delivered to us. We will be doing other coins in the future, and will be going back to Rusty for sure

Barry and Valarie of sweetlife
BRoKeNW

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I've posted about geocoin designers, I will now post about vendors. For my first coin I used Coinswag. Process was speedy, price was cheaper than the rest of the place I got quotes from due to discounts I was given. They did answer all the questions I have had. Probably won't use them again though. For my most recent coin I went with dorkfish. Even though we were friends before hand, she did not take that for granted and made the process very smooth and kept me updated at every turn. I am glad I worked with her, she definitely has great business skills and is friendly too. If you have finished artwork she'd be happy to help any of you out to get your coin minted, all you have to do is contact her.

My Seeking List

My Trader list
Crowesfeat30

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found it & you are correct! Smile

CF30
Team 'zZZz'

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BRoKeNW wrote:
For my first coin I used Coinswag. Process was speedy, price was cheaper than the rest of the place I got quotes from due to discounts I was given. They did answer all the questions I have had. Probably won't use them again though.

Out of curiosity ... why?

Cheers,
Dirk
BRoKeNW

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Team 'zZZz' wrote:
BRoKeNW wrote:
For my first coin I used Coinswag. Process was speedy, price was cheaper than the rest of the place I got quotes from due to discounts I was given. They did answer all the questions I have had. Probably won't use them again though.

Out of curiosity ... why?

Cheers,
Dirk

Probably because of some things I have seen in the "Big Forums" regarding presales and what not. Their turn around time seems much slower than before. Plus the process was much more smoother when I was working with dorkfish, so I'd most likely work with her again.

My Seeking List

My Trader list
fox-and-the-hound

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm sure some might think I'm biased because I sometimes work remotely with Rusty, but truth be told 99% of my dealings are with Mike at the geocoinstore. I highly recommend Rusty though simply because I've received nothing but good reports from everyone I've ever sent his way. A long standing track record of super-fast response and good standing is hard to beat.

Although sometimes I'm told they're more expensive, the folks at Landsharkz are also high on my recommend list. For a take-this-idea-and-do-everything-for-me type projects these people have it down.

For personalized design with a pro, Jamie (MadHatter) is definitely on my keep-an-eye-on-this-guy list. He often does really great cartoon-style work and his stuff just keeps getting better with every project. I'm surprised at his diversity sometimes, too.

The one person I would like to see a lot more of is Gridlox. I'm not always crazy for his particular boldly-iconic design style, but the guy just oozes great ideas and I'm realizing that over time his coins are growing on me more and more. Definitely someone I'd want to do a group project with given the chance.

There are a bunch of talented people out there like Yime that are just too busy to take on more stuff, but it never hurts to ask. Sometimes if you have a good idea for a coin, it will instantly gel when you mention it to the right person. Cool
BRoKeNW

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did I mention that fox-and-the-hound did the icon for my Cachin' in Your Dreams geocoin? Such a pretty icon (look at my avatar) Smile

My Seeking List

My Trader list
Frozen Buns

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Crowesfeat30"]
ThePetersTrio wrote:
BVnLJ wrote:
So are you the designer for "Our Angel Baby"? That's a beautiful coin and a moving tribute.

Could someone post a pic of this coin? I can't find one in any of the "usual" places and I have not heard of this one before now. Thanks! Smile

CF30

Here is a link for you, Very nice indeed....

Well that is wierd, won't let me post this for awhile, says I can't post so soon after my last post. I haven't even posted today. Sad [quote="Crowesfeat30"]
ThePetersTrio wrote:
BVnLJ wrote:
So are you the designer for "Our Angel Baby"? That's a beautiful coin and a moving tribute.

Could someone post a pic of this coin? I can't find one in any of the "usual" places and I have not heard of this one before now. Thanks! Smile

CF30

Here is a link for you, Very nice indeed....

Well that is wierd, won't let me post this for awhile, says I can't post so soon after my last post. I haven't even posted today. Sad
Mousekakat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is that oh-so-special angel baby coin that was sent to me as a special gift!

Naomi Smile
grodan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a fine coin but for now I would NOT want one. I do not want a angelbaby.

I do not like Scorpions song, Send me an angel either.

Still is a nice coin even if I donīt want one.
grodan Karin
knabino

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am glad that I stumbled upon this thread. My caching group is currently trying to get a coin worked out. We have had no clue about who to select for a designer. Nor do I have a clue about what we should be asking.

Almost a year ago, when we started trying to do this, we had a coin designer in the group who offered to do it for free. Back in April, she said "oh we are too busy to do it for free now" (or words to that effect). After reading a couple posts here, I am glad to not be working with that designer (some of our members refused to buy any coins if that designer was involved).

I have 2 favorite vendors and would go with either one of them if it were my choice and only my choice, but since it will be other folks money, I can not just have my way.

So.... any advice of what we should be asking would be appreciated.... and thoughts of other designers would be greatly appreciated too
fox-and-the-hound

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

knabino wrote:
I am glad that I stumbled upon this thread. My caching group is currently trying to get a coin worked out. We have had no clue about who to select for a designer. Nor do I have a clue about what we should be asking.

Almost a year ago, when we started trying to do this, we had a coin designer in the group who offered to do it for free. Back in April, she said "oh we are too busy to do it for free now" (or words to that effect). After reading a couple posts here, I am glad to not be working with that designer (some of our members refused to buy any coins if that designer was involved).

I have 2 favorite vendors and would go with either one of them if it were my choice and only my choice, but since it will be other folks money, I can not just have my way.

So.... any advice of what we should be asking would be appreciated.... and thoughts of other designers would be greatly appreciated too

Well it's a big step to take, but deciding what you want on the coin is an essential step. Some designers are better at specific styles so you might also look into coins you all like and see who made those first. Or tell us what you like and we might have suggestions for you, too. There are a bunch of good people to work with who have excellent repore so give it a shot, you might end up pleasantly surprised! Very Happy
solan109

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Eleanor- wrote:
I have had much success with Rusty at Personal Geocoins. I've worked with him on more than one project, and I've been very happy every time.

Me too Smile
knabino

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fox-and-the-hound wrote:

Well it's a big step to take, but deciding what you want on the coin is an essential step. Some designers are better at specific styles so you might also look into coins you all like and see who made those first. Or tell us what you like and we might have suggestions for you, too. There are a bunch of good people to work with who have excellent repore so give it a shot, you might end up pleasantly surprised! Very Happy

Well, a lot of what we want will depend upon what design is selected by the members of the group. I am not sure what the correct terms are for any of the coins so bear with me here (i just know what I like when I buy). It will either be one that is done in enamel, solid or translucent, (something like the Good Karma Bad Karma coins) or one that is 3-d style all metal with little to no coloring on the one side (like the postage stamps that Hogwild has been doing or possibly like the Trellis coin that Landsharkz had last year).

The second side is going to be the organizations logo, but leaving it up to the designer to make suggestions to keeping the logo side tied well to the other side.

We want to go with a 1.75 round coin.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.coinmatters.com Forum Index -> Design talk All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Create your own free forum now!
Terms of Service Purchase Ad Removal Forum Archive Report Abuse