10 Commandments, Reg Sales see post #25 www.coinmatters.com
Your coin discussion place.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
  GamesGames   

10 Commandments, Reg Sales see post #25

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.coinmatters.com Forum Index -> Coins for Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maldar

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:15 am    Post subject: 10 Commandments, Reg Sales see post #25 Reply with quote

I also posted this in that other place, so if you want to go there and make your voice heard, feel free.

Here are pics of the samples that the mint emailed me. The samples should be in my hands by the end of next week if all goes well, the begining the the week after that otherwise.

I would like people to vote for their favorite 2 platings and explain why.

There is one more plate they are doing, Antqiue Gold. I don't remember asking for it, but she said that it was still being finished. I think it will look much like the Antqiue Copper.

Thanks for everyones help. If all goes well I will start taking pre-sales at the end of the month.

My choices are the Antqiue Copper and Antqiue Silver for the regular edition. Silver for LE and Gold for XLE/AE.

Thanks again,

maldar

Edit: updated title

Last edited by maldar on Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:37 pm; edited 5 times in total
TeamAmaroo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on your coin maldar, the samples turned out nicely. My favorites are the antique finishes, because the words seem to pop out more and are easier to read. I also like the nickel one because it reminds me most of your idea to keep the coin "tech" looking. That one is clean and modern.
The Wolf Pack

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I love Black Nickel I would have to say

That Antqiue Copper and Antqiue Silver make the words stand out more Smile

Great design Smile

Edit to add I also like the Gold one there just something about it Very Happy

Last edited by The Wolf Pack on Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total
ThePetersTrio

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the others, the antiques look better because the text pops out. You could always have the mint add a soft enamel fill - in almost any color you could imagine - in the etching of the text on the other metals so that the text stands out. I don't think it would add much (if anything) to the cost of the coin...just another slight delay for you to approve the re-done art.

I learned that one the hard way after I got my samples too. Thank goodness for samples, I say!

Excellent job on this. Cool

[edit to add] The nickel to me looks more like real stone. I like that.
maldar

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThePetersTrio wrote:

[edit to add] The nickel to me looks more like real stone. I like that.

I didn't think about that; I may have to reconsider my LE and XLE choices.

I'm so glad that people like them so far. One thing is that there looks to be some minor flaws in a couple of the coins, but I think I will leave them that way as it gives them a rough look that I think I like.
Mousekakat

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the black nickel, personally...shiiiiiiny Wink

The rest are great, too, you've done a really nice job! Antique copper and Antique silver/Nickel are my next faves Smile
ATMouse

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny!

I like the antique ones, too.

Do you want any suggestions?

I would have made the word "holy" as "wholly" and had as one of the commandments:

"Thou shalt move trackable items as their mission declares so the days of thy geocaching life may be long."

The purpose of life is a purposeful life.
maldar

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just listed the coins on eBay.

Pre-sales are at a discounted price

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/maldar

The above link will lead you to the my items listed.

Please feel free to post this info on your local caching group's site.

Thanks,

maldar

Edit: to add info
maldar

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Everyone,

I am sad to inform everyone that the coins will be delayed a short time. Right now I'm not sure what that will be, but I am hoping that it is only an extra week.

This is mostly my fault, do to my inexperiance with making coins as this is my first coin I am making.

The what happened is that I sent an email to Groundspeak for my Tracking Codes order. They say it takes 5-10 days to process the order. Since I didn't get confirmation back about the order I just thought that they must not do that sort of email. A week past by so I sent an email checking on the status and never heard back. So today I was finally able to talk to Mr. Roth and we discovered that, after sending some test emails, for some reason my emails never reached his inbox. After we both tried different email account I was able to send him the information that was requied.

After talking to Mr. Roth I discovered that he does indeed send confirmations for orders and that he will have me the codes by tomarrow night.

What I do wonder is why my email, which is the sameone I use for GC.c is not getting through to his account. He even check his filters and everything. Must just be my luck.

I will update here again once I get the codes to the mint and they inform me about a time frame.

I ask anyone that purchased a Pre-Sale coin to contact me first before filing with PayPal. I also ask that if you need to file with PayPal to wait until the 40 day mark. I will gladly refund money to anyone that wishes not to wait.

This should only really affect persons that purchased the 3 coin set and the individual Black Nickel coin.

Once again, I am really sorry and there is no real good excuse. I should have contacted Groundspeak earlier about this matter.

Please forgive me.

maldar
maldar

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In addition. Everyone that sticks with this can expect to see a little something extra in their mailbox sometime next year if not sooner.

maldar
Mousekakat

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maldar, sometimes shit happens.

I think an explanation is good, and if someone can't accept it, then give em back their money and be off with em!

Hang in there, bubba!

Naomi Smile
maldar

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mousekakat wrote:
Maldar, sometimes shit happens.

I think an explanation is good, and if someone can't accept it, then give em back their money and be off with em!

Hang in there, bubba!

Naomi Smile

Thank You Naomi, you are such a sweetie. I'll have to make a special trip across the pond someday to give you a hug.

And now a new little update.

Hello again,

I have gotten the codes and sent them to the mint. There has been some confusion with them as to the laser etching so now I have to send them even more money. This after I have repeatedly told them what was required. Good thing I get paid tomarrow.

Atleast the coins are made and only need to have the code and the words "Trackable at Geocaching.com" laser etched into them.

Thanks again,

maldar
maldar

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should receive the coins early next week if all goes as planned. *Crosses Fingers*

maldar
maldar

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got an email from the mint and they said that they should be finished Thurs or maybe even Wed (tomarrow). Once I get their email about the coins shipping I will post again.

Thanks,

maldar
maldar

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news. The coins have shipped from the mint and I hope will be here sometime Friday. I have all of next week off due to plans to have my wisdom teeth out so shipping these out will give me something to look forward too. Everyone please cross your fingers that they came out alright.

I have received many emails from persons that want to purchase the coins that missed out on the Pre-Sales. Once the Pre-Sales have shipped I will post here with a link to my site where you can order the coins.

Thanks for your waiting and your orders,

maldar
maldar

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

I have been trying the tracking number I was given atleast twice a day and today I finally was able to see the status of the package. It appears that the package was not sent out the same day I was told it was, but a few days later. This is just another nail in the coffin of that mint for me. Personally I don't tell someone something is shipped, until it is shipped. I can understand it being picked-up the next day, but not to be picked-up for 3 days is bad business. I thought that something seemed off when I was told that it may take a couple days for the shipping information to show-up, well now I know why.

I'm just glad that it is now in the final home-stretch and that I can track the progress of the package.

Here is alittle tease of what the Pre-Sale people should look forward to finding in their mail box sometime next year for this inconveinance:

It is something I have been working on for sometime and hope to have done sooner if I get the funds.

Thanks again for your time,

maldar
Mousekakat

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See, bubba! I told you it'd all work out in the end Smile

And your little treat looks pretty cool, too... sure has me curious!

Naomi Smile
maldar

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coin UPDATE

First the good news:

They arrived today.

Now for the not so good news:

After I recived the samples I asked the coins to be placed in a heavier/thicker plastic bag as the ones they used for the samples were to thin and allowed the coins to cause nicks and the like to eachother. This was not done even though I was told they would use the thinkest bags they had, I will be sure everyone gets the best possible coins as not too many were nicked. As this is the case I will be heading to the collectibles store to purchase the holders they have for baseball cards. While this is going to cost me a bit I would not feel right sending them out in bags thinner than a store brand sandwhich bag.

Now for the worse part of this. The Black Nickel with Gold Glitter Enamel was done incorrectly. Instead of the Gold Glitter Enamel they used a plain yellow enamel. I have contacted them and asked them to replace these coins. As I'm unwilling to give this company anymore money I will ask buyers what they would prefer if the mint refused to replace the coins without charge. The options would be a refund for that coin or to accept the coin with the yellow enamel. If for some reason I decided to make another run of this coin I would not make another Black Nickel version that was filled with either color enamel. I highly doubt I would make this coin again as it would mean having to give money to this company.

Sorry that there is another short delay. I will be shipping coins to people that only purchased the RE coins as soon as I can, which should be friday at the latest. Once I hear from the mint as to the Black Nickel coins I will contact those buyers via the eBay site.

Thanks and sorry,

maldar
maldar

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I have been in contact with the mint a couple times since the last post about the enamel. While I specifically mentioned that there was not a speck of glitter in the enamel that they used all I get a line of BS excuses. So instead of wasting anymore time with this mint I have decided to cut them loose. That being said, this will be the only run of this version of this coin. I'm 100% not going to remint any as I won't deal with that mint again.

So while the color is not as stated they are still really nice coins and still LE. I will post pics later today.

If anyone has any suggestions as to alternatives I may offer due to the mints unwillingness to correct the mistake please post it here. I have thought of another idea, but I will wait until tomarrow night to offer that one.

Thanks,

maldar
Mousekakat

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maldar, post a pic and let folks see it and make their decision.

It is NOT your fault the mint screwed up at all, it's just one of those things. You've done an excellent job of keeping folks informed.

Now, it's just up to the folks who purchased them to decide what they want to do, but put up a pic so they can see!

*hugs*
Naomi Smile
maldar

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the pictures.

The first pic is to show the difference between the 2 colors, while the second pic shows the sleeve that I will be buying shortly to replace the bags in which they came.

The coin on the left is the gold glitter sample that I was sent and the coin on the right is the yellow enamel that was produced.

On the far right you can see the sleeve in which the coins will be shipped. These sleeves are made by Ultra-Pro, one of the best if not the best maker of protective products for collectibles such as baseball cards. These are thicker than some coin flips and more rigid.

Thanks,

maldar
maldar

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ran into a small SNAFU, international orders will be delayed until next week. Paypal's shipping service does not allow for 1st Class shipping for international orders; they only have priority and express services. That being the case I will be heading to the post office on my next day off to send out the international orders.

I also ran out of Flat Rate Priority envelops so there are 2 people that will get their order delayed until I can pick some up, hopefully tonight if the lobby is open and there are some inside. The 2 people that this affects are the 2 that placed and paid for their 2 orders separatly. Next time I'll pick up more than what I think I need.

Sorry for the delay,

maldar
maldar

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last of the Pre-orders where sent out today. I'm still working on grading the rest of the coins and setting prices for the remainder of the coins. Once I have the page set-up for regular orders I will post here again.

Thanks again to those that have pre-ordered and waited this bumby ride out and to those that have expressed an interest in the coin after the pre-sales.

Thanks,

maldar
maldar

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just checked on the status of the packages and I think that they should start hitting mail boxes tomarrow or the next day. Some that have shipped with the first batch are still not showing any activity, but I know that they don't always scan every single package except when it is delivered. Cannot wait to see them in the mail box thread.

maldar
maldar

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm offically opening up the store for the Regular Sale of the 10 Commandments of Geocaching Geocoin.

Click Here to enter the store

If you have any questions please email me as I check that more. If you want it addressed publicly post your question here, but you will have to wait longer for a reply. I normally check both email and the forums after I get back from work, ~9pm. Sometimes it may take longer as I'm not a Troll of the Forums.

Thanks,

maldar

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.coinmatters.com Forum Index -> Coins for Sale All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Create your own free forum now!
Terms of Service Purchase Ad Removal Forum Archive Report Abuse